GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: e34 550i for sale

Default e34 550i for sale

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/car.cfm?I...41&cfreferrer=

i keep seeing threads about swappin a v12 into the 5er.
    guess not all of those threads are bs..

No, it's not bs at all. I have seen that car when it was getting tuned/fixed. It had its heads off. Has nice RD headers and sport cams, could be Csi ones. However, last I heard the shop that did the head porting did not do so well. The exhaust ports on the M70 head do not flow well compared to the intake ports. The design flows the exhaust at an almost 90 degree turn. Look at a cross section and you will see clearly. In turn, if the intake is flows too well then carbon build-up will occur because the exhaust air will rebound back instead of making its 90 degree turn. It simply is not efficient enough to keep up.

Now if there were aftermarket heads available to cure this exhaust port problem, I am sure reaching 400-500hp could easily be achieved with higher compresion pistons, a set of Cams, and some software...eh, throw in a good exhaust system too. Now imgine what the torque would be too. oh yeah!
    Brandon J

Boy, you aren't kidding:

Intake port:

Exaust port:

I think the seller was smoking dope when he wrote the ad.

that does look like kinda a piss poor exhaust setup, theres a LOT of room to move the port ceiling up but you lose the water circulation above that port which would lead to more serious problems. I guess for a daily type driver engine all in all its not that bad.

Looks like some pocket porting would go a LONG way in improving the flow on the exhaust especially directly below the seat, some added duration couldnt hurt either. If I had one of them v-12s i'll bet I could live with its lack of power.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Does anybody know if they fixed this exhaust port issue on the M73?

I hear you on that one. My father owns an 850i. I put some Jim C chips and a dinan tranny chip in there and boy does it fly on the highway. It's soooooo smooooth and effortless. Now, the torque approaches the output of the e39 M5's 5.0L. I bet that this 550i is slower than my S38 525i from stop b/c of the weight, but once on the highway, its torque should make it a monster.

Now I wouldn't mind doing a V12 swap into a wagon. Those aren't stop light material anyways, but boy would it be fun to toy with some other sports cars on the highway..."and no it does not got a Hemi!"

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    that does look like kinda a piss poor exhaust setup, theres a LOT of room to move the port ceiling up but you lose the water circulation above that port which would lead to more serious problems. I guess for a daily type driver engine all in all its not that bad.

Looks like some pocket porting would go a LONG way in improving the flow on the exhaust especially directly below the seat, some added duration couldnt hurt either. If I had one of them v-12s i'll bet I could live with its lack of power.
    Brandon J

Now this is a nice V12 installation! http://www.ultimav12.ca/
    Brandon J

I like yours better Brandon. Nice car. The other one looks like the old kit car.
    Willo