GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E34 '94 525i Touring Rear-Seat Heat?

Default E34 '94 525i Touring Rear-Seat Heat?

The rear-seat air vent on my 525i Touring blows COLD air, regardless of the temp settings of the left or right front controls. What temp control is supposed to adjust the rear seat vent? Any diagnostic suggestions? Thanks

*snicker* that vent only blows outside air or AC air. not heat.. at all.. ever. no matter what. Read the manual. the floor vents are what heats the rear seats, make sure they're not covered up by your mats.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL
    The rear-seat air vent on my 525i Touring blows COLD air, regardless of the temp settings of the left or right front controls. What temp control is supposed to adjust the rear seat vent? Any diagnostic suggestions? Thanks

That's pretty weak, but good to know. I'll have to rememeber to keep them open for people I don't especially like. he he he.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    *snicker* that vent only blows outside air or AC air. not heat.. at all.. ever. no matter what. Read the manual. the floor vents are what heats the rear seats, make sure they're not covered up by your mats.
    "Read the manual?" Hah!
    "Rear passengers:
    Fresh, respectively cooled air blows through the outlets at the end of the center console when opened, independent from the position of the slide controls"

I guess if you already know what this means then its clear enough. (Respectively cooled? Sheesh!

Thanks anyway!

heh, sorry. i should have said somehting closer to 'its probably in the manual somewhere' as opposed to 'read he manual.' no offense meant. everyone asks RTFM quesitons sometimes. and yep, they have a way with words it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL
    "Read the manual?" Hah!
    "Rear passengers:
    Fresh, respectively cooled air blows through the outlets at the end of the center console when opened, independent from the position of the slide controls"

I guess if you already know what this means then its clear enough. (Respectively cooled? Sheesh!

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    heh, sorry. i should have said somehting closer to 'its probably in the manual somewhere' as opposed to 'read he manual.' no offense meant. everyone asks RTFM quesitons sometimes. and yep, they have a way with words it looks like.
    No offense taken.