GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 1995 e34 EWS-II EAT chip authentification please?

Default 1995 e34 EWS-II EAT chip authentification please?

I know, I know, I should have bought it directly from Mark, but instead I picked up a used one from the Roadfly classifieds..

What I need to know is whether this chip looks like the one that you received from Mark directly. I just want to make sure that the seller is up and up. Please refrain from beating on me, I beat up myself enough after thinking about the possibility of a copied chip or an OEM chip being sent to me.

Thanks!
    Astroboy
    Last edited by Astroboy; 01-17-2005 at 01:41 AM.

Default Looks similar to mine

Following were the numbers that was on the OEM chip for my 95 bmw. If I remember correctly the chip label for Mark's chipped looked similar to yours. The EWS note indicates the newer security system in the 95s starting in 1/95. It concerns me that a number is marked out and written in by hand. Have no idea what AF means. Was this a test chip that Mark had out? Perhaps Mark will chime in on this.

1 267 358 715 (row one) software version
    0 261 200 413 (row two) dme number

Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy

I know, I know, I should have bought it directly from Mark, but instead I picked up a used one from the Roadfly classifieds..

What I need to know is whether this chip looks like the one that you received from Mark directly. I just want to make sure that the seller is up and up. Please refrain from beating on me, I beat up myself enough after thinking about the possibility of a copied chip or an OEM chip being sent to me.

Thanks!
    Astroboy
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Looks like the real deal.

I just got my E.A.T. Chip for my 535i and yours look like the real deal. I had the same thoughts after I bought a JC chip off of EBAY. After I swapped Mark's chip in, I was able to confirm through Eurosport in Salt Lake City, Utah that I indeed was in possession of the genuine(early production) JC chip. After Mark's chip gets burned into my DME's memory, I will give you guys the comparison. The JC was no slouch. I wish I had a Dyno.
    I already have noticed a slightly smoother idle and the gas mileage gains on the OBC look to be impressive. Gotta run, I have an appointment with my INDY(Yeah No Work Today) for some routine maintenance items and the installation of Bruno's subframe inserts.

Will Ollison
    1990 535i(now E.A.T. enhanced)
    1981 528i
    1975 2002

Default Thanks willobmw & Russell, I appreciate your time to validate

[QUOTE=Astroboy]

The seller said that he received the chip that way from Mark and the "AP" penned on the chip are his (the seller's) initials. He thinks Mark wrote it on there to identify the chip by the buyer's intials and to ensure that it was sent to the correct person.

I popped the chip in and it feels noticeably better between 1500 and 2500 RPM. The engine seems to feel and act like there is some reserve now in that range that is waiting to be stomped on or unleashed. It even sounds a little different in that range. Sort of like a slightly lower throttlely sound. It also doesn't sound empty and weak when under quick accelaration as it used to sound like before.

I am hoping that it is not my heavy foot looking for results, but rather the effectiveness of the chip itself. All in all, I believe that it is the chip.

Astroboy

Default Glad to help

Your experience with the chip is very similar to mine. Glad it it s areal "EAT" chip.
    [QUOTE=Astroboy]
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy

The seller said that he received the chip that way from Mark and the "AP" penned on the chip are his (the seller's) initials. He thinks Mark wrote it on there to identify the chip by the buyer's intials and to ensure that it was sent to the correct person.

I popped the chip in and it feels noticeably better between 1500 and 2500 RPM. The engine seems to feel and act like there is some reserve now in that range that is waiting to be stomped on or unleashed. It even sounds a little different in that range. Sort of like a slightly lower throttlely sound. It also doesn't sound empty and weak when under quick accelaration as it used to sound like before.

I am hoping that it is not my heavy foot looking for results, but rather the effectiveness of the chip itself. All in all, I believe that it is the chip.

Astroboy
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment