GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did seafoam treatment on the 525i today...

Default Did seafoam treatment on the 525i today...

Wow! For some reason, it really livened up the rev range from 3000-5000 rpm at idle! I haven't road tested it yet, but I ingested 1/3 pint slowly over about a minute, then shut it down for 5 minutes. I let it in through the small diameter hose coming from the "pcv" fitting on the valve cover, which was very convenient. Came back and started it up, and immediately got check engine light (code 1222 I later checked). It ran sort of crappy for a bit, missing on 2, then 1 cylinder, then evening out, but not before fumigating the neighborhood for mosquitoes. I followed this treatment with an oil change to M1 15W50 (what I had been running previously). After a few minutes of running, the check engine light went out, so we're all good again.

Junior and I might go out for a test drive a little later and see if any improvement is noticed.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

are you cleaning the injectors or what?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default injectors, valves, pistons, head, whatever gets in the way...

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    are you cleaning the injectors or what?
    This stuff I suppose is like BG44K, in that you ingest it into the intake via a vacuum line, and it goes to work knocking all the carbon crud loose. I'm taking it out in a little bit to see what else comes dribbling out the back (supposedly O2 sensor safe, but we'll see). I may drop a little in the next tank to clean the pintle side of the injectors, but I was more interested in the carbon on the pistons and on the head.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Why not just put it in the tank with the gas?

Default missing the point...

Quote Originally Posted by sterling
    Why not just put it in the tank with the gas?
    ingesting it right at the throttle body is CONCENTRATED!!! It is not diluted with 18 gallons of fuel. It probably goes in with 1 cup of fuel in the time we're talking about. That's why I changed the oil right afterwards. Putting it in the tank is more of a preventative than a cure...

And it runs like a scalded dog now. Still got some noise, but I'm suspect of the Vanos unit after 123k miles.

Bill B.
    95 525i

I've been told to use it in my Johnson 150 outboard after it's been setting up for the winter months. Never thought about using it for the cars. Where did you get it?
    John R.
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Let us know how your o2 sensor and cat. converter look like after you take it out =)

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default My local Advance Auto had it...

Quote Originally Posted by JR'Z 525
    I've been told to use it in my Johnson 150 outboard after it's been setting up for the winter months. Never thought about using it for the cars. Where did you get it?
    John R.
    http://www.seafoamsales.com/

$3.88 plus tax for a pint. So far pleased with the results...we'll see if the cat holds up.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

TC535i Guest

I'm going to try some Berryman B12 Chemtool in my Kia tomorrow. They say to dump 6 oz into the engine (straight into the oil) when it's cold. Let it idle for 3-5 minutes, then change the oil out. Supposed to cure what ails ya... Engine's running fine, just looking to clean a little of the crud off a 100k mile motor.

Also supposed to be cat/O2 sensor safe.

My indy uses it as part of his Inspection II routine. He does it before the oil change; swears by it.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast