GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: High Praise for Indy...

Default High Praise for Indy...

First, let me say that I am in no way affiliated with the independent shop I am about to praise.

As you may have been following, I recently took my car to a BMW dealership for service. The engine developed a bad idle, so I took it to the stealer. After a few hours of "diagnosis" the call came back with "you have a Nikasil engine. We'll do a leakdown test and see. This is what's causing your idle problem." So, I'm the dumbass in this one, I admit it.

After the leakdown was positive (I posted the leakdown results a while ago) and after gettin the "F-off" response from BMW, I took my car to Nikolas Motorsports.

Now, I spend most of my day between an office and an assembly plant environment, and I can appreciate a good workshop. After posting here, Derek (also on this board) suggested I bring the car in. I fully expected to hear the same story from them as far as the engine replacement. I was so pleasantly suprised to find out that they diagnosed my idle problem to numerous vacuum leaks. In addition, they took the time to call and suggest money-saving items to repair while they had the engine apart. Not only that, they suggested repairs I could do on my own. Bob and Derek were very quick in their service, and very fair in price. They took care of some of my subsequent maintenance issues as well.

You know you're walking into a good place when there is a E-type Jaguar all torn apart and being worked on, along with a RUF looking Porsche, along with numerous BMWs. Needless to say, my car is running very well, and I am convinced I will return to them in the future.

In summary, if you're in Michigan (or elsewhere) I can honestly recommend Derek and Bob at Nikolas Motorsports.

uberhahn
    '94 530i 5-speed. The work begins...

Thank You..glad we could be of help.

If you have ever wanted to see the innards of a Jaguar XK-E click below.

http://www.nikolasmotorsport.com/jag/
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"