GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: my wipers move rrrreeeallllyyyy ssslllooowwwlllyyy :(

Default my wipers move rrrreeeallllyyyy ssslllooowwwlllyyy :(

Ok, what's goin on here... it's winter, so I've been using my wipers more.
    I have never moved the wipers while they were snow covered or frozen to winshield.

All of a sudden, one day (last Friday?) the wipers started to move at a very slow rate, no matter which speed they're on or when I spray the windshield washer fluid.

Is there a wiper control module? I haven't looked in the book yet, any quick recomendations?

Additionally, the passanger side wiper does not seem to go all the way down when turned off. :\
    '91 535iM - SOLD

'01 325iM - PP . SP . CWP . HK . SSK . ZHP springs . Konis . M3 strut bar . OEM sirius and aux . TMS sways

ya probably need to grease up the joints & linkage & stuff... use white lithium grease... spray kind is ok, but stuff in the tub is better, white lithium cause its water proof... wipers not sittin properly most likely cause u got aftermarket blades and only proper 24" offset center blade will sit right on pass side

remember the wiper motor has carbon brushes the same as the alternator and they do wear out but a good grease up just might be the problem
    1989 e34 520i se, red, mint condition (original)
    pro mechanic "all cars"

ok... will try to grease 'em up
    ...the things is, they were working fine, and than right away started working slowly, almost instantly, not like they've slowed down over time. :|
    '91 535iM - SOLD

'01 325iM - PP . SP . CWP . HK . SSK . ZHP springs . Konis . M3 strut bar . OEM sirius and aux . TMS sways

Mine did the same thing, will take a little bit for the grease to get everything lub'd up again, I'm probably redoin mine soon as I haven't seen em 100% backt o normal... anything to delay the $350 motor purchase helps.

thats how the alternator works, one min its ok then shoot its bad so if the grease dont work consider a new or recon motor
    1989 e34 520i se, red, mint condition (original)
    pro mechanic "all cars"