GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper thrust arms w/ 750 bushings from FCP Groton

Default Upper thrust arms w/ 750 bushings from FCP Groton

Anyone have any experience with the parts sold by FCP Groton on ebay? I am thinking about trying them out. There is a big difference in price between Lemforder arms and the FCP arms.

TIA

-Ray
    '94 525ia

Default FCP Groton

Quote Originally Posted by RayC.
    Anyone have any experience with the parts sold by FCP Groton on ebay? I am thinking about trying them out. There is a big difference in price between Lemforder arms and the FCP arms.

TIA

-Ray
    '94 525ia
    I have ordered many $$$ of parts for my Volvo and 535i from FCP Groton in Groton CT. I Talk to Nick or Scott, and because I'm in CT. I usually have the parts the next day. I did not know they were on Ebay also. If it is the same number 1-877-634-0063 or http://fcpgroton.com

Ray - I rebuilt my front suspension with their parts two months ago. I didn't buy any Meyle stuff from them (although they do stock it - watch out (but then again, so does BMA)). The 750 bushings in their thrust arms are a promising sign; we'll see how long the ball joints last.

I did this work before I decided that I was going to keep the car, thereby I didn't get the Lemfoerders. If I were doing it again, I'd buy the Lems....but thusfar, the cheaper FCP's have been fine, and as far as I can tell, restored the ride quality to "new" as the car is utterly smooth.

Note: FCP has terrible phone support. They're fast, but don't call them unless you want to be pissed off.

LOWELL

Quote Originally Posted by RayC.

TIA

-Ray
    '94 525ia

How much are the lemforders w/ 750's at bma?

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default i won't buy from them again!!!

i purchased thrust arms with bushings, tie-rods, & center link. they claimed they were all trw. we found a bad joint in the center link after 12 months, i purchased one from the dealer in a bmw bag with trw in the casting of the center link. non of the parts i recieved from groton had trw on them anywhere. i also purchased a brake booster from them & it does not feel the same as the original booster that failed. it takes much more effort to stop than before & i completly checked all the vaccuum line for leaks. also if it was a vaccuum line wouldn't the car run really rough? i thought about purchasing another one, but i do not have the cash. i also though about trying to find a hydrolic brake booster, but need to do more research before jumping into looking for one.

tim s.

liquidtiger that's a beautiful car
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    liquidtiger that's a beautiful car
    haha, Thanks!

Yours sounds more beautiful from that long list of mods.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Rebuilt a 535i front suspension with thrust arms, lower control arms, tie-rod ends
    and sway bar links from FCP Grotton and had no problems. Parts total was 264.00
    vs 454.00 for Lemfoerder from BMA. As a rule I ususally use the Lemfoerder also but
    I figured I would give the other arms a shot. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    How much are the lemforders w/ 750's at bma?
    I just installed a set of Lemforder thrust arms that I got from BMA. Cost was $98 each which didn't seem too bad. How much are they from the shop in Groton?

How many miles.......?

callen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast