GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Electric Windows

Default Electric Windows

Can anyone shed any light on a problem i'n experiencing with my Electric Windows. When i attempt to raise the Windows they move about 10 mm then stops. The illumination goes out on the switch cluster and the windows will neither go up or down also the sun roof stops working. i have removed the back seat and hear a click from the fuse box. If i leave well alone for a while i hear a lesser click and the windows will go up by the same amount then stop again. I have checked all the fuses and replaced any corroded ones but to no avail. Your help would be appreciated

Default My suspicion is that Power protection relay is ....

de-energizing, wonder why. Is it happening on every window/sunroof or only with one of them? If all of them, the question would be to determine if there is any reason to believe that ALL windows are going up with difficulty making excessive draw current in the window circuitry. If not, there may be some damage in the metering resistor at the General Module. It is a resistor inside the GM between terminals 4 and 5 of X332 wired in series with the windows circuits. When excessive voltage develops across it, (caused by excess current), the system is disconnected de-energizing Power protection relay. If soldering points of this resistor to the circuit board are damaged, it acts as a higher value resistor, producing excess voltage with normal current. If this is not the reason, the GM metering and comparing circuit may be damaged. Hard to tell though.

See this link to identify the relay (K15) and confirm my guess, also check relay for any damage.

http://www.bimmernut.com/~billr/images/rear%20fuses.jpg

Javier

i've just gone to checkit and found that the central locking has gone down as well now. the car starts but no windows and no central locking. Could this be related?
    Last edited by taff1966; 01-10-2005 at 09:16 AM.

Default Yes, both systems feed from ....

the Power Protection Relay K15. If the system is now permanently shut down, then I would suspect the relay itself, bad contact, bad connector contact, or even General module poor contact in pins 4 and 5 referred.

Javier