GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 525i Touring rear washer fluid

Default 525i Touring rear washer fluid

Recently the check control has been giving me the message then my washer fluid is low. I topped up the tank under the hood, but still got the same message. I then looked at the tank in the back. It is very low and isn't getting filled. I can't see anywhere to fill it there so i am wondering if there is a blockage somewhere. Can anyone help me out with this problem, it is getting kind of annoying.

Thanks

Remove the switch. Check the switch and the plug. Maybe a bit of contact spray helps.
    And remember, when you have solved the prob, the warning could come up again.
    Not sure now (would have to look into the details) but if you have switched on the car 5 x the alarm will go. Depends on the priority of alarms.
    Or you have a PEAKE and just reset/delete all fault codes in the system.

Default I will assume you don't have an owners manual 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by m5maniac2001
    Recently the check control has been giving me the message then my washer fluid is low. I topped up the tank under the hood, but still got the same message. I then looked at the tank in the back. It is very low and isn't getting filled. I can't see anywhere to fill it there so i am wondering if there is a blockage somewhere. Can anyone help me out with this problem, it is getting kind of annoying.

Thanks
    PLEASE REPORT BACK IF YOU FIND THE FILL CAP...THANKS

There is a diagram of the tail gate/rear reservoir fill location in the owners manual (an amazing little book filled with all kinds of important info). If the rear washer reservoir is empty...then it can only be the owners fault! (LOL) The rear reservoir has its own fill location and does not receive fluid from the front reservoir. The fill cap for the rear reservoir can be seen when you lift the tail gate...look on the right side (passenger side) a few inches above where the amber section of the tail light meets the tail gate.

Hopefully you can see the fill cap in the pics below:

(look next to the gasket where the tail gate rests when closed)

(in this pic below, you can see the interior panel opened & removed (neat design, huh?) and the rear reservoir revealed...and if you look right of the tail gate gasket...you can see the fill cap for the rear reservoir)
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-09-2005 at 10:50 AM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Thanks. I tried to read about it in the manual but there was nothing about it. I don't know if i got the wrong manual with the car. Also the rear tailgate is broken for the moment and i was unable to see the filling cap.

Thanks again for your help.