GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: mods for the e34

Default mods for the e34

hey guys,
    two part thread....firstly hi, ive only just signed up and thought it best to introduce myself. from melbourne australia and am driving a sep 92 (build date... date on plate 01/93) 535i auto. she's a beautiful car but the mods are a must...so my questions to you are.
    a) what do you guys think of the IN.PRO eyes, are there better variations available???
    b) im looking at installing a full performance exhaust system... headers, cat the lot...but unfortunatly i'm having trouble sourcing headers here in oz. are there any available for me to import or would i be better of going with a custom build job for the headers and brand name stuff for the rest of the exhaust???

thanks in advance

Default Welcome "Down Under" to a Great Forum

The"E34(535i) is a great car. (YOU WILL NEVER GET ME TO START A DEBATE AS FAR AS WHICH ONE IS BETTER) Headers are scarce. Hartge use to make some. A local BMW club member (Washington DC area Chapter) was advertising the whereabouts of a friend who made some clones in the local magazine last fall. Hmmm. I don't know if either fit the auto.

What are the name brands in Aussie that are available for the rest of the system. I'm starting to put together a wish list for a replacement system for my 535i. I'm looking to go with the O.E. Cat (Anbody now a source?) and for the rest of the system, I'm thinking about using Eisenmann(maybe spouse prohibitive) or either O.E. to center pipe and a custom Borla installation. I like the Borla mello tone sound and real gains(I have one on my e12) Option three is O.E. and Eisenmann rear.

I am now convinced that the "Best bang for your buck" is a replacement chip. See if the E.A.T. chip is available to you in "Aussie" Land. I have been running an unconfirmed JC chip for less than a month now and I ask myself what took so long. I hopefully should have my "Genuine" E.A.T. chip installed by next weekend. LOL on your system. Take some pictures.

Will Ollison
    1990 535i
    1981 528i
    1975 2002

i have depo headlights off ebay. very happy with them
    they are supposed to be a little worse than in pro
    which is supposed to be worse than hella, but the depo's
    are really great. =]

The E34 already has quite a good free-flowing exhaust, you wont notice much gain in power by replacing it. Getting a chip is a lot cheaper than a new exhaust, and gives much better gains in power, and the need to run higher octane fuel is offset by lower fuel consumption.

Default Chip is st

be careful when looking at aquiring headers,in that headers suitable for a lh drive car will not fit a RH drive car.The main thing you can do to a BMW exhaust is to ake it lighter,as dam says you wont gain much without headers.Alpina got a respectable power gain with a cam and a chip and headers.Look at BMW e34.net for the Recpe for power
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NZ
    The E34 already has quite a good free-flowing exhaust, you wont notice much gain in power by replacing it. Getting a chip is a lot cheaper than a new exhaust, and gives much better gains in power, and the need to run higher octane fuel is offset by lower fuel consumption.
    i've ben told that by a few people. the exhaust is a two part desire...one for sound and the other as part of the general overall performance modifications.
    i'm trying a chip from a 535is a mate is lending me. it's a 'powerchip' and their website claims impressive gains in both Hp and torque, failing that i will be looking at a powerchip specifically designed for my 535.

Mate, I had a Powerchip GOLD in my car, same car as yours and you can get rid of that **** AUD$889 chip. No joke - the difference between this chip and the EAT chip is like night and day.

I went and got an EAT chip for my car. I've done about 2,500 kms and experienced same fuel economy, lots more torque and greatly improved throttle response, more top end power, no pinging at all, always running on 98 RON. I love it - the engine runs smooth and hard, too bad the slush box downshifts early. Its US$200 (all up) and they send it to you in a few weeks.

Powerchips claims are ********. 181kw and 353nm on 98 RON are way too much. It more like 160 kw. Have fun