GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help !! OBC retrofit......

Default Help !! OBC retrofit......

I retrofit a full function OBC into my 89 525 with no problems. Had to jump a wire to pin 17 but thats it, works fine. I have now just replaced the indicator stalk, but cannot bring up the OBC with the BC control button.

The indicator stalk I installed is slightly different than the one already on my car, it has less wires, but the only functions not working is the BC and also the parked indicator option.

Has anyone else overcome this problem by jumping a wire etc, or do I have to search for a different stalk.

Thanks
    Garry - Australia

Default Check this wire.

The combination switch S7 (Indicator Stalk?) has a contact for the OBC, it is connected trough one brown wire to ground and one Yellow/Red wire to pin 25 at the OBC. When the stalk is depressed, it opens the circuit to ground from pin 25 at the OBC. At least, that is what it is in the 2/89 up drawings for USA. And is the same in 94 European drawing,

http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/bmw...1.0/index.html

so yours should be the same. Check this wiring is there.

As a second issue, Do you have alarm functions of the OBC notified trough the Dash board? (Speed limit, for example).
    Javier

does your 525 89 has the digital odometer in the cluster? I ask you this because i wanted to do the same as you in my 89 520i but i dont know if it is possible.

Default Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    The combination switch S7 (Indicator Stalk?) has a contact for the OBC, it is connected trough one brown wire to ground and one Yellow/Red wire to pin 25 at the OBC. When the stalk is depressed, it opens the circuit to ground from pin 25 at the OBC. At least, that is what it is in the 2/89 up drawings for USA. And is the same in 94 European drawing,

http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/bmw...1.0/index.html

so yours should be the same. Check this wiring is there.

As a second issue, Do you have alarm functions of the OBC notified trough the Dash board? (Speed limit, for example).
    Javier
    I do have the warning chimes and the digital readout for the speed limit, I'll have another look at it today, as far as I can remember, it does have both the ground and yellow/orange wires.

Default As far as I know, 520i does not support OBC.

Default Problem solved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mewsy
    I retrofit a full function OBC into my 89 525 with no problems. Had to jump a wire to pin 17 but thats it, works fine. I have now just replaced the indicator stalk, but cannot bring up the OBC with the BC control button.

The indicator stalk I installed is slightly different than the one already on my car, it has less wires, but the only functions not working is the BC and also the parked indicator option.

Has anyone else overcome this problem by jumping a wire etc, or do I have to search for a different stalk.

Thanks
    Garry - Australia
    Finally....... Connected the red/yellow wire from the indicator stalk directly to pin 25 of the OBC. Works fine !!

Default Gald you did it ....

Why don't you check now proper wiring as original in the car. See picture. Just to be sure that future debugging will be per specs.

Javier
    Attached Images Attached Images