GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Is anybody running Falken st-115's, if so how do you

Default Is anybody running Falken st-115's, if so how do you

like them? Noise? Ride?.... I'm looking at some for the new touring which has conticontact sports that are very noisy...I'm wondering if the falkens are really as quiet as they claim...

Can't really comment on the Falkens except for when I bought them back in '89 to replace the Goodyear Gatorbacks on Lori's '87 Thunderchicken Turbo Coupe. They were stiffer than the Gators back then, I'm sure they have come a long way since then.

If you're looking at size 225/45/17's, then I would seriously consider the Pirelli P Zero Nero's here...http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

They have excellent reviews, and on other boards, the people who have chosen these Pirelli have nothing but good things to say about them. I was even considering them for replacements for the M5. If they made them in 225/55/16's, they would be on the E39 for sure. But for now, we have to wear out the new Conti's that came on it.

Hope you have a prosperous New Year....

Jr

Hi Bill...not much I can add other than to use the web specific to whatever tires you are considering for your research. Noise for me is a major determinant of whatever tire I buy. Tirerack typically rates each tire model as well so another resource to help your decision. If Tireracks review agrees with comments on the web, then likely it is true :-)
    Good Luck,
    George...will need tires shortly for my Saturn SC2 as the original Firehawks a.ka. Firerocks are very noisey as well....will likely chose a Yokohama touring tire...had great luck with my E-32 with Avid T4's...great cost versus performance ratio.
    Last edited by George M; 01-02-2005 at 12:01 PM.

Default Thanks Guys, Jr, you and Martin both like the nero zero's so maybe I'll end

up going with them.. George, i've looked all over tirerack but since they don't carry falken they don't carry reviews of them either. Looking at all the reviews the tires that are quietest seem to be the falken st115's, the pirelli nero zero's, the kumho ast and the yokohama avs dbII.... The pilots too but I'm trying to stay out of the pilots price range....

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    Hi Bill...not much I can add other than to use the web specific to whatever tires you are considering for your research. Noise for me is a major determinant of whatever tire I buy. Tirerack typically rates each tire model as well so another resource to help your decision. If Tireracks review agrees with comments on the web, then likely it is true :-)
    Good Luck,
    George...will need tires shortly for my Saturn SC2 as the original Firehawks a.ka. Firerocks are very noisey as well....will likely chose a Yokohama touring tire...had great luck with my E-32 with Avid T4's...great cost versus performance ratio.

Default Don't Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    up going with them.. George, i've looked all over tirerack but since they don't carry falken they don't carry reviews of them either. Looking at all the reviews the tires that are quietest seem to be the falken st115's, the pirelli nero zero's, the kumho ast and the yokohama avs dbII.... The pilots too but I'm trying to stay out of the pilots price range....
    That mounting new tires is more than just the right size. It also about how much weight the tires can take. The e34 owner's manual specifies a service description of 94. The Nero's in your selected size have a serv. desc. of 90. That means that your e34 would be more car than the tire could hold, hello busted rim etc...

I'm not sure if the serv desc is a sliding scale (i.e. bigger/wider tire = lower number) but I'd consult somebody before throwing on a pair of underated tires.
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

I had them last year they are simply very bad !!!! Dont use them at all. noisy, fragile,
    Fragile lacks tractions, I just hate them one was damaged in less than 2 months!!! Korean made tires are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    like them? Noise? Ride?.... I'm looking at some for the new touring which has conticontact sports that are very noisy...I'm wondering if the falkens are really as quiet as they claim...
    I went thru 2 sets of these tyres...8 pieces.....235/45/17.Loved them.And yes they are quiet as claimed.These are soft tyres and they will get shredded if you track them.Good in the wet and dry.I am now on Dunlop LM702.Just testing these out as they cheaper.That's the only reason why I am not on ST115 now.If money's not an issue ,I'd get them NOW! I had CSCs before and they were noisy after 60% wear.

Were you guys talking about CSC's or CSC2's...the 2's are MUCH quieter and they grip like !

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Were you guys talking about CSC's or CSC2's...the 2's are MUCH quieter and they grip like !
    CSC's...and yes the 2's are the improved version........