GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Darwin Award Candidate.....

Default Darwin Award Candidate.....

Category: People Unsure of the Concept

Titled: "I hope this car doesn't last too many more years!"

Now, as far as being a hazard to themselves or to others, or being one who will probably reduce his own gene pool by at least one, this genius isn't really in that category. But it's just a little "pet peeve" for me. I actually see this thing somewhat often. That either means that:

1. I'm just being a picky SOB.
    2. Other folks don't see too much wrong with it.
    3. I'm living in a world of fools.
    4. All of the above.

So I'm on my way to work this morning and I see this auto tag in front of me at a light. I start to snicker as usual, thinking to myself that "Geeze! Here's another one!"

Is it just me or wouldn't you think that any "normal" person just might think to place the 2002 registration sticker on top of the expired 2001 sticker? Because, like a Pringles potato chip, once you start...you just can't stop! If you didn't cover up 2001, you sure as heck aren't going to cover up 2002 with 2003 are you? And then 2004? Huh? What then??? It's sort of like making your very own little patchwork quilt, isn't it?

Now, just think a bit.....what will Einstein here do if, God forbid, his car has just broken in and lasts for another 10 years or so! As it stands now, it's actually a ticketable offense for "Obstruction of a License Tag". Not to mention "DWB"....Driving Without a Brain.

There are other mutations to this that I've seen. The above guy, while being somewhat clueless, was also rather sloppy, just slapping them on any old place .....as long as not to cover a previous one that is. I've also seen what I'm calling "The Neat Idiot."

This one at least looks to keep some sort of symmetry to their sticker mis-placement. After 2001, 2002 goes neatly in the lower righthand corner. Then 2003 in the lower lefthand corner....nice and straight. Then, since the upper left corner is covered with the month sticker, what's left? If their vehicle is still functioning, they then rely on the center area and on and on.

Am I being overly anal here??? Does anyone here admit to doing this on their tags? If so, what's the rational? Again, this isn't something that deserves major wacking with a dumbass stick. It just seems to be a rather obviously wrong solution to a rather easy task. And if they can't get THIS RIGHT....what other decisions does this driver have trouble with every day???? Maybe it's just me.

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

i've seen em on all 4 corners of our plates once they get to 4 they start over, i peel the old one off and go back in the same place, seen others keep stacking them till it's like a 1/4" thick
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I asked someone from the "hood" why he puts the reg. sticker in the middle of the plate, not all over it like your picture, and his reply was "in the past I have had the corner with the sticker cut off my plate, so if the sticker is in the middle the Ghetto Rats can not cut the corner of the plate.

Default Well...there you go, at least that makes sense. Sorta.

:d
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

...nawp...I'm shaking my head at this one! He's got to be doing it just to amuse himself and get people to talk to him in parking lots! *LOL*

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery