GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can anyone elaborate on the operation of the gen. module and relay module.....

Default can anyone elaborate on the operation of the gen. module and relay module.....

i did a sort of haphazard repair on them just now, resoldering the large relay traces and connector traces/ it seems that only the wipers have changed in status (no more door open-wiper off business). im hoping that its a single relay somewhere that's f'dup. i haven't checked it after a battery reset (plugged in the general and relay modules with the battery hooked up) so maybe things are better than i can see right now. im wondering what would cause simultaneous failure of the domelight, windows, wipers, and door locks (or some places to start from). NO, i sincerely doubt its a fuse link, as the radio, wipers, obc, et cetera still work. Thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default 1999 Mercedes??

?

1992 525i, 07/1991 production
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default fusable link 'B' has poppoed if these are not working

Alarm (factory fit)
    Central locking
    Washer pump
    Windscreen wipers
    Radio
    Interior lights
    Radio
    Rear de-mister

A bit difficicult to find, check close to the battery under the sound isolation material (pic is from a E32)

Default Now you need to disconnect the battery , wait and reconnect it with the modules in

place.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i did a sort of haphazard repair on them just now, resoldering the large relay traces and connector traces/ it seems that only the wipers have changed in status (no more door open-wiper off business). im hoping that its a single relay somewhere that's f'dup. i haven't checked it after a battery reset (plugged in the general and relay modules with the battery hooked up) so maybe things are better than i can see right now. im wondering what would cause simultaneous failure of the domelight, windows, wipers, and door locks (or some places to start from). NO, i sincerely doubt its a fuse link, as the radio, wipers, obc, et cetera still work. Thanks.

Default General Module is the evil here

Ryan,
    Relay Module has a lot to do with these and only these systems (Central looking, Power Windows/Sunroof, Wiper/Washer control, and interior light control). Relays are controlled by means of connecting them to ground trough the General Module electronics. I would check the ground connection of General Module (Pin 2 of connector X332), also the internal bus in the General Module feeding this ground connection from Pin 2 to the various transistors driving the relays at the Relay Module. Fuse F30 is very important for the proper working of the Relay Module (Except wiper relays) and also feeds the General Module, guess you have drawing 1992e346100_0-00 drawing, if not, I can e-mail you a copy (210K pdf file).
    Javier

Default javier

is all this info you post from the etk tis kis etc?????
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    Ryan,
    Relay Module has a lot to do with these and only these systems (Central looking, Power Windows/Sunroof, Wiper/Washer control, and interior light control). Relays are controlled by means of connecting them to ground trough the General Module electronics. I would check the ground connection of General Module (Pin 2 of connector X332), also the internal bus in the General Module feeding this ground connection from Pin 2 to the various transistors driving the relays at the Relay Module. Fuse F30 is very important for the proper working of the Relay Module (Except wiper relays) and also feeds the General Module, guess you have drawing 1992e346100_0-00 drawing, if not, I can e-mail you a copy (210K pdf file).
    Javier
    now im really confused, i don't remember seeing any transistors on the relay board, and only two queer looking ones on the general board (thought it was strange there would be such a stark difference between the two). if you could email me that pdf, i'd be appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Alarm (factory fit)
    Central locking
    Washer pump
    Windscreen wipers
    Radio
    Interior lights
    Radio
    Rear de-mister

A bit difficicult to find, check close to the battery under the sound isolation material (pic is from a E32)
    like i said, ive had a fusible link failure before, i sincerely doubt this is the same. my washer pump still works, my windscreen wipers still work when they want to, my radio works, my interior light works when manually switched on, and my rear defogger does as well.

the night when the first failure happened, i saw that one of the fuses underseat (a 30ampere one) had blown. as i was trying to give myself some satisfaction as to having "fixed" something, i pulled it out and tossed it across the parking lot. this morning, i tried plugging the battery back in to see if the module had reset. i also plugged a fuse back in there to see what would happen (couldn't find my packet of spares when i "replenished" the blown one). well, the GM failure was still there, but the fuse had blown by the time i went back to the backseat to check things out again. i wonder what the main current draw is on the GM.......im thinking that maybe this has nothing to do with a failure in the GM and more to do with a defective subsystem hooked up to it. wonder if hooking a 40a homebrew fuse for diagnostic purposes will hurt it too much

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast