GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E.A.T. chip... ahh YES! (video)

Default E.A.T. chip... ahh YES! (video)

I got to work this morning and there was a package in my pigeon hole... it was from Canada, E.A.T. chip here i come!

sat around twiddling my thumbs all day, got home and started the install... after a few hiccups (i undid the torx screws instead of the tabs, then double threaded one when i put it back in! ugh silly), it was done

i cranked it up and let it idle for a few minutes, then nervously backed out of the driveway... as soon as i took off into the street i noticed a difference in throttle response.. none of the initial 'i dont wanna go' lag, and definitely more willing in the low to mid rev range. interestingly (i don't know if this will remain), the clunk i used to get when i lifted off the accelerator has stopped (?!)

but the smile got bigger when i hit the freeway. whoa.. this is much better than i expected... right across the rev range it feels stronger and smoother, and from a rolling start it HAULS! the auto stills lets it down off the line (it'll always be a pig from standstill), but have a look at the video (4.5mb sorry, i forgot how i compressed the last one)... from 30km/h the pickup is unreal, i was amazed

big thanks to Mark D'Sylva, and another recommendation for his Ultrachip.. these things are awesome!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mrandell/MVI_0952.avi
    (30-110km/h, economy shift mode, downshift from 3rd-1st at the start)

Quote Originally Posted by Randell
    I got to work this morning and there was a package in my pigeon hole... it was from Canada, E.A.T. chip here i come!

sat around twiddling my thumbs all day, got home and started the install... after a few hiccups (i undid the torx screws instead of the tabs, then double threaded one when i put it back in! ugh silly), it was done

i cranked it up and let it idle for a few minutes, then nervously backed out of the driveway... as soon as i took off into the street i noticed a difference in throttle response.. none of the initial 'i dont wanna go' lag, and definitely more willing in the low to mid rev range. interestingly (i don't know if this will remain), the clunk i used to get when i lifted off the accelerator has stopped (?!)

but the smile got bigger when i hit the freeway. whoa.. this is much better than i expected... right across the rev range it feels stronger and smoother, and from a rolling start it HAULS! the auto stills lets it down off the line (it'll always be a pig from standstill), but have a look at the video (4.5mb sorry, i forgot how i compressed the last one)... from 30km/h the pickup is unreal, i was amazed

big thanks to Mark D'Sylva, and another recommendation for his Ultrachip.. these things are awesome!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mrandell/MVI_0952.avi
    (30-110km/h, economy shift mode, downshift from 3rd-1st at the start)
    Hi Randell,
    I'm glad you like it. You will also notice an increase in fuel economy.
    Thanks for posting.

Mark

MY E.A.T chip is great buy one!
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    Hi Randell,
    I'm glad you like it. You will also notice an increase in fuel economy.
    Thanks for posting.

Mark
    My car doesn't even come close to accerating that smooth. Would the chip change that?

Thanks,

Michael
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

the video is a bit misleading sorry, i was rolling along at 30km/h in 3rd, so when i put my foot down it downshifted and shot up to about 3000rpm... but i watched it a couple of times and it looks like an insanely quick launch (it's not!).. the car still takes its time off the line, but still significantly better than with the stock chip..

i'm not sure what the power output of the 525 is exactly (189bhp?), but after seeing what the chip did to my 535 i'm sure you'll get a noticable gain from putting one in. the engine feels like it's breathing more easily, like the time half the exhaust dropped off my dad's '88 420SEL, that was like a free performance upgrade (and a sad day when the new exhaust went on)

Quote Originally Posted by Randell
    the video is a bit misleading sorry, i was rolling along at 30km/h in 3rd, so when i put my foot down it downshifted and shot up to about 3000rpm... but i watched it a couple of times and it looks like an insanely quick launch (it's not!).. the car still takes its time off the line, but still significantly better than with the stock chip..

i'm not sure what the power output of the 525 is exactly (189bhp?), but after seeing what the chip did to my 535 i'm sure you'll get a noticable gain from putting one in. the engine feels like it's breathing more easily, like the time half the exhaust dropped off my dad's '88 420SEL, that was like a free performance upgrade (and a sad day when the new exhaust went on)
    I was impressed by how smooth it was accelerating. Mine doesn't do that. I am going to take some video and post it to see if anyone can help diagnose the problemo.
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

I'm getting mine in a month or so. Your car sounds great.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA