GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can anyone elaborate on the operation of the gen. module and relay module.....

Default Transistors are in the General Module ....

that is the reason to suggest you to check the ground at pin 2 of the general module. This ground is distributed to all the transistor switches in the general module so to connect to ground the relays in relay module when requested. If the ground is poor, transistors will not turn on the relays, making them inoperable.

I'm sending the pdf drawing now.

Javier

Default What fuse is blowing?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    the night when the first failure happened, i saw that one of the fuses underseat (a 30ampere one) had blown. as i was trying to give myself some satisfaction as to having "fixed" something, i pulled it out and tossed it across the parking lot. this morning, i tried plugging the battery back in to see if the module had reset. i also plugged a fuse back in there to see what would happen (couldn't find my packet of spares when i "replenished" the blown one). well, the GM failure was still there, but the fuse had blown by the time i went back to the backseat to check things out again. i wonder what the main current draw is on the GM.......im thinking that maybe this has nothing to do with a failure in the GM and more to do with a defective subsystem hooked up to it. wonder if hooking a 40a homebrew fuse for diagnostic purposes will hurt it too much

Default Here's the ground location for the general module pin

2 , it grounds at x492 as seen here

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    that is the reason to suggest you to check the ground at pin 2 of the general module. This ground is distributed to all the transistor switches in the general module so to connect to ground the relays in relay module when requested. If the ground is poor, transistors will not turn on the relays, making them inoperable.

I'm sending the pdf drawing now.

Javier
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.

that's one of my problems, bill. nothing i have (bentley, otherwise) seems to say which fuses are what number. bentley has a list of circuits and amperage requirements, but im not seeing numbers for the underseat fuses. i also looked at the fuse holders, none of them seem to have numbers on them. it is the 2nd fuse from the left in the 30 ampere cluster.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Can you tell from the picture below?

?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default I was just getting ready to post the same thing Javier

and here is the link to the fuses...

Here is the link to the fuses
    Last edited by Bill R.; 12-30-2004 at 12:01 AM.

its either 32 or 31, ill have to sacrifice a fuse to the e34 gods to refresh my recollection.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default OK Ryan, now I'm confused ....

You are not supposed to have an F 32 fuse, and F 31 fuse is a 7.5 A fuse related to the Lock system motors. It feeds signals to General Module at pin 24 (Central Locking request passenger's side, as driver's side is fed by F 30), at pin 11 (Passenger's door locked), at pin 17 (Passenger's door unlocked, and Trunk unlocked, as Driver's door unlocked is fed by F 30), and at pin 23 (Trunk unlocked); it also feeds the Car phone transceiver, but guess you don't have one. If fuse 31 is blowing, you may have a short circuit in the General Module, at sensing inputs at pins 11 or 23.

The only 30 A fuses related to the General Module is the Fuse F 47 that feeds power to power windows, central locking motors, and the power protection relay coil, and Fuse F 44 that feeds power through the wiper relay to the wiper related relays in the Relay module. None of those should produce a massive shut down of General Module functions.

Please let us know precisely which fuse is blowing, so to be able to analyze your situation.

Javier

Finally! Someone responds inadvertently to what I was talking about....My alarm got screwed and the stealer replaced my general module to help recify this. He found that the DWA (? anyone know what/where this is?) was actually th culprit now...so I basically got screwed and $900 to disconnect the DWA and lose my alarm/keyless and my OBC. I could care less about my alarm system, but I can't live w/o my OBC! How could I find/change this part myself?

King Of NYC

Default Anti-theft control module (DWA) ....

it is located under the LH side of the rear seat. See picture (Look for N1).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast