GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can i turn off the error message?

Default Can i turn off the error message?

my e34 keeps displaying F/ FOG LIGHTS. the thing is, i dont have any fog lights. the car didn't come with them. im guessing the previous owner might have taken them out. i'm planning to buy some in the future but for now i'd like to turn that message off. is there a fuse i can disconnect or do something that would make it go away?

thanks

do you have the full fog light switch?....I would just have it in the off position and it would go away? That gets controlled by the LKM so mabye there is an issue with that

The LKM will check the bulbs even if the lights are off. I think the only way to get rid of the message would be to install the foglights, or somehow jumper the open plugs with a resistance equal to the bulb, so that the LKM measures continuity and assumes the bulbs are there.

thats what i was afraid of too..
    i guess ill just have to install the fog lights

Default There should be an easier way....

The check control works with binary signals (ground/12V) so identify the pin in the check control (comming from the LKM) and switch it to the proper input. Will look around in the drawings for your car and will bring you back some more info if I get it.

Javier

i've only had to do this once but it worked, jump the plugs for the lights and unplug the fog light switch so that it doesn't get turned on by mistake, that killed the message without harming anything and is easy to reverse
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Sorry Ilya, ...

The Lamp control module (LKM) actually communicates (exchange data) with the check control, it means there is not a single wire informing the Fog lamps, but all the lamps status, guess your alternatives are either modify the LKM itself, or simulate the fog lamps as proposed by Dan. I have attached a close up on BMW drawing for the LKM. I would say that removing F7 and grounding pin 16 and 32 on the LKM (Same as short-circuiting the fog lamp bulbs) should fool the system alarm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Javier; 12-28-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Default Just saw Winfred tip...

Same concept, It's easier thoug, to remove the F7 instead of removing the fog lamp switch.

Only if you are the only one fooling with your car and noone else will refuse it for you.

Javier

i just unplugged the switch and stuck it back in the hole to avoid any possible **** up, this guy could screw up a wet dream, i put 2 short blocks 2 trannys and 3 heads in that car, when he it took it to a gin soaked bum down town (we met him) to have a water pump installed and he roasted the motor trying to bleed it, we refused to fix the car again and sold him a 90 740 volvo and he's yet to kill it once in 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    Same concept, It's easier thoug, to remove the F7 instead of removing the fog lamp switch.

Only if you are the only one fooling with your car and noone else will refuse it for you.

Javier
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

that diagram makes absolutely zero sense to me. i never did like Electricity in physics in highschool. maybe that's why i also hate engineering and would never want to be one...

how and where do i "remove the f7"?

sorry to sound so stupid on this subject guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast