GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Center dash vent lighting

Default Interior Bulb Question... Can't find the part number.

Hey Everyone!
    I feel stupid asking this since I've been searching the ETK up and down trying to find the bulb, but... I can't find the factory number for the bulb that goes to the temperature selector behind the center vent! It's the one located above the radio and it's never worked in my car since I've owned it. I know it's probably the same for all the years, but if there is a difference it's for a 95' 540i. If you have any information about the factory number for that bulb, PLEASE contact me at estonbach@aol.com because I'm on winter break from school and trying to get my house and life together for Spring Semester! Thanks SO much for just reading this, you're feedback is greatly appreciated! If you need access to an online ETK, just go to technoBMW.com and it's there (the link) for you're use!
    -Eric
    (OO ( )( ) OO)
    1995 BMW 540i
    Minneapolis Bimmer Group Founder

Default we have a light back there???

Quote Originally Posted by Triton540i
    Hey Everyone!
    I feel stupid asking this since I've been searching the ETK up and down trying to find the bulb, but... I can't find the factory number for the bulb that goes to the temperature selector behind the center vent! It's the one located above the radio and it's never worked in my car since I've owned it. I know it's probably the same for all the years, but if there is a difference it's for a 95' 540i. If you have any information about the factory number for that bulb, PLEASE contact me at estonbach@aol.com because I'm on winter break from school and trying to get my house and life together for Spring Semester! Thanks SO much for just reading this, you're feedback is greatly appreciated! If you need access to an online ETK, just go to technoBMW.com and it's there (the link) for you're use!
    -Eric
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Well, according to Don Gale's R&R page.....

.....it looks like the bulb is BMW part no. 07 50 9 063 579. I don't know too much about the procedure, I never had to do it on my E34, but here's the info on doing a center vent removal and bulb replacement on the E32. I'd bet they were the same. They look alike. Well, good luck.....hope this helps!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default your 95 e34 doesn't have a bulb in the ctr dash vent

Quote Originally Posted by Triton540i
    Hey Everyone!
    -Eric
    We just had this (long) discussion about this over on another board...and it came to light that the early e34s have them and the later e34s (starting with 01/1994 mfg date) don't. A real easy way to tell is if the dial (in the center of the vent) has red & blue painted indications...then the dial is not lit...if there is a white dash in the center of that dial...then the dial is illuminated (like in the pic on Don Gales web site).

Here's a link to that discussion ...I'm linking you to the middle of the discussion when the date of the non lit dial came to revelation: http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e34/6019570-1.html

Also, if you go to the online parts database www.realoem.com/bmw (no need to go to another site...you can go directly to the database)...you will see that the 01/94-on e34s have a different center dash grill than the earlier e34s. Look under Heating and AC (main group) Air Duct (sub group)...or part number 64 22 1 384 041 (1989-01/94) and 64 22 8 390 314 (01/94-up).

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-28-2004 at 02:17 AM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default mine has the dash but isnt lit,

guess it's burnt out...damn.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Guys for the dynamics of whether I have a bulb or not, I feel like I can put this behind me and not get all jealous about another guy's E34 in my car group for all those cool glowing lights! You are ALL a wealth of information, THANKS!!!!
    -Eric
    (OO ( )( ) OO)
    1995 BMW 540i
    Minneapolis Bimmer Group Founder