Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, just bought a 93 Touring V8...absolutely fabulous car, my first BMW and already I'm convinced. It's been well looked after, with a rebuilt engine at 70k miles due to the dreaded sulphourous petrol, but runs a treat now. There are two problems though, very small but I want to have everything working: firstly the double panel sunroof doesn't work, when the switch is activated noises can be heard from the back, slight clickings as if the rear motor is trying to work, but the front one doesn't receive any volts although the motor does spin if volts are supplied to it. The cables seem stiff, although I was only trying gently to move them with a screwdriver, and when I took the motor off there was a little plastic swarf in there that looked as if it had come from the cable or gear, although they're both metal?

Secondly the aircon pump makes a noise when engaged...that bothers me less in terms of function but is irritating. I suppose the only answer is replace it, but when it all works OK...?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alan