GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defective Relay for Angel Eyes

Default Defective Relay for Angel Eyes

hey guys,

ok well I donno if anyone has experienced this yet but...

I got a pair of eyes as purchased on ebay.. they look great.. work great, etc.. BUT about 2 weeks ago they stopped working.. so i had a look at the wiring, only to find that the relay (after opening it) was all rusted inside. So i bought a new relay and they work again; this one was from Lordco and has a lifetime warranty (was 40 bucks Canadian) so if it happens again i can just take it back

anyway.. you guys that have eyes might want to seal the relay with some duct tape or glue gun.. i didn't think water would get into mine where i had it located but i guess condensation did its thing.

one question.. i replaced the 30 amp relay with a 25 amp one.. will this make the eye rings dimmer? or is this bad? any input would be appreciated..
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

i think those things usually run on led's which draw almost nothing, so a 25 amp relay wouldn't affect anything

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    one question.. i replaced the 30 amp relay with a 25 amp one.. will this make the eye rings dimmer? or is this bad? any input would be appreciated..
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

the ebay ones don't run on leds. they run on 4 bulbs. so yeah it could make it
    dimmer. i'm not sure what kinda bulbs they're using so i can't figure it out

don't these goobers realize led's are brighter and last longer and don't get hot so they can be installed directly into the plastic rings?!

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    the ebay ones don't run on leds. they run on 4 bulbs. so yeah it could make it
    dimmer. i'm not sure what kinda bulbs they're using so i can't figure it out
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Ebay rings are most often LEDs (as far as I've seen and bought). I don't remember them even requiring a relay, they are so low draw. The other rings made with the incadescent bulbs are for those euro headlights with the eyes bulit into them from the factory. The 4 bulbs are arranged facing forward, lighting the ring from it's natural dispersion of light. They emit a yellowish hue, but I wanted a white LED "HIDish" hue to match my beautiful HID color. But LEDs in that arrangement would have light thats too concentrated forward. It would look like 4 dots. The LEDs would have to face within the ring within the plane of the ring to work. Stuuupid design! Yes! The bulbs used are very small and thin almost like a flashlight/christmas light bulb design. Anyone know where I could get em at least in that "hyperwhite" color? I dread the day 1 of these bulbs go out and I have to DISASSEMBLE everything to get behind the headlight to get to them!
    Last edited by rockyfeller; 12-25-2004 at 01:01 PM.

King Of NYC

i have the depo european ellipsoids with built in eyes bought off ebay from taiwan.

led's are crap. cold cathode ray tube is the best i think, that's what DDE uses.

yea.. you can see it's a little brighter in a spot on every 90 degrees of the circle.. stupid design. why did they not go with LED?!?
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

yea those are identical to mine. you should get the carbon fibre eyebrows to cover the tops of the circles so they look like true " eye" .. the circles aren't nearly as aggressive looking as when covered at the top. i have the brows and used phantom tape to cover the bulb from 10:30 to 1:30 .. and it looks very aggressive
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

pics?

not sure how to post.. email me Incantation@Novus-tele.net and i can send to u
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast