GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help in Atlanta.....525 issues

Default Help in Atlanta.....525 issues

Hello gang!

It has been a long time, like end of summer since I have been on the site. I am the gal with the red 525i that would not run, but would semi start. All of you tried to help me and then I took a new job and had to leave my gal in Atlanta until I could deal with it again.

So here I am....as much as I wish you all could have helped me....we changed out the plugs, new battery, tried to get a code but not to success. Remember the car sat for 6 months when I got her.....so not sure why it is not running....

So I guess I am going to try and get someone to look at her in ATlanta. I think if I could pay a reputable shop to do a scan, or what ever they do to find out the issues, then I could deal with changing the MAF, or the O sensor or whatever I can to avoid a costly repair bill....

So if the forum could recommend someone in Roswell, Alpharetta area.....I will have her towed there for the diagnosis....

Thanks gang, and I hope to resolve this very soon.

Thanks
    Shirley

Welcome back, Shirley!
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saleswman525
    Hello gang!

It has been a long time, like end of summer since I have been on the site. I am the gal with the red 525i that would not run, but would semi start. All of you tried to help me and then I took a new job and had to leave my gal in Atlanta until I could deal with it again.

So here I am....as much as I wish you all could have helped me....we changed out the plugs, new battery, tried to get a code but not to success. Remember the car sat for 6 months when I got her.....so not sure why it is not running....

So I guess I am going to try and get someone to look at her in ATlanta. I think if I could pay a reputable shop to do a scan, or what ever they do to find out the issues, then I could deal with changing the MAF, or the O sensor or whatever I can to avoid a costly repair bill....

So if the forum could recommend someone in Roswell, Alpharetta area.....I will have her towed there for the diagnosis....

Thanks gang, and I hope to resolve this very soon.

Thanks
    Shirley
    I would try Harrison Motorsports. David (the owner) is a car nut and good guy, they do a lot to support local gearheads and do nice work. They can be found at:

1805 Hembree, Suite F
    Alpharetta, GA 30004

866-795-2002 / 678.879.1200
    http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/

Good Luck,
    Rory

<Insert list of modifcations or clever saying here>

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    Welcome back, Shirley!

Hello my friend! Been trying to catch you online....to no success. I guess I will try and get this baby running this time.....neighbors keep wanting to buy her.

Talk to you soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rory
    I would try Harrison Motorsports. David (the owner) is a car nut and good guy, they do a lot to support local gearheads and do nice work. They can be found at:

1805 Hembree, Suite F
    Alpharetta, GA 30004

866-795-2002 / 678.879.1200
    http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/

Good Luck,
    Rory

Thanks Rory,

I believe I will go by there on Monday. Thanks,
    Shirley

Default 525i 92----Yep its me! Status update

Ok...status update....

Took her to Harrison Motor sports....nice guys by the way....Said I need a new ECU or DME...I really dont want to spend 500 bucks....

Bosch 0-261-200-402 It will still only run for alittle while....have not even addressed the "trans-code" issue. Does anyone know that if I get a new ECU will that address my trans code issue.

Harrisson changed plugs, pulled computer out and tried a different one to see what the real codes were...put new gas in it....trouble shooted it.....

So I have to find a ECU before we can move to any other issues...

Can anyone help with locating a Bosch ECU for my 92 525?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ebay?! or call a BMW recycler. There's a good one in NC/GA -- Strictly German. There are tons of people who hawk parts for these cars. I'm sure somebody on the board has an ECU they can sell you for cheap. Try Brett (rigmaster).

Default Been trying Ebay..for ECU

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    ebay?! or call a BMW recycler. There's a good one in NC/GA -- Strictly German. There are tons of people who hawk parts for these cars. I'm sure somebody on the board has an ECU they can sell you for cheap. Try Brett (rigmaster).

Thanks Brett, Hopefully very soon.....

Default These guys in Fort Worth have one for 220 with the

numbers you listed, their stocking number is 00013277 Here's the link to them and they have an 800 number listed. I'd ask about the warranty too..http://www.all-import.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast