GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Rear window motor crying for help...?

Default Rear window motor crying for help...?

Hey all..

So, something's wrong with my driver's rear window. The motor is having a hell of a time lifting the window up, as evidenced by it's very load groaning and slow moving. It doesn't seem to have much of a problem going down, though...

I was hoping when I got the door panel off, I'd have an obvious problem looking at me in the face, but I don't. If I push the bottom of the window up and 'help' the motor, it no longer sounds like it's tied to a cable that's pulling a car out of a ditch.

I'm going to grease the sliders as soon as I can locate some decent grease, but they don't appear broken or excessively worn..

Anyone seen this before? Is it time to locate a new regulator?

lube it and see, motor's probably getting weak
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Might need a new motor/actuator

Do you use that window a lot? it usually happens in the drivers window which gets used most often.

I had to replace my driver’s motor/actuator twice. The pain is if the arms are riveted. The dealer replaced the rivets with regular nut bolts, so second time I did it myself.

I have an extra used motor if you need one. The actuator plastic teeth are shot though (that might be your problem too. Mine kept clicking half way up). Other wise get the motor/actuator from BMA bran new or your favorite bmw parts place.

Luke
    95 525ia

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Do you use that window a lot? it usually happens in the drivers window which gets used most often.
    Not hardly as much as the driver's window, and that one is working beautifully. There's rarely a time I don't open it, actually - unless it's raining. This is partially why I'm doubting the motor is the problem.. I'd think the driver's one would've gone first...

Who knows...

I had to replace my driver’s motor/actuator twice. The pain is if the arms are riveted. The dealer replaced the rivets with regular nut bolts, so second time I did it myself.
    Yeah. I'm lucky here. My driver's door actuator is very much riveted (whose bright idea was that?), but this one is bolted. Thankfully I've avoided that problem.

I have an extra used motor if you need one. The actuator plastic teeth are shot though (that might be your problem too. Mine kept clicking half way up). Other wise get the motor/actuator from BMA bran new or your favorite bmw parts place.
    Yeah, no clicking here, luckily. I haven't broken the transmission bit apart yet - is the motor replaceable without breaking things irreperably? If the case is that this motor has gone weak, and I can replace that worn gear with the good (I think) one on my dying motor, we might have a deal.

Thanks for the help so far guys.