GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Knock or rattle

Default Knock or rattle

I have a 1995 525IT with 105.000 miles. I have a knock or a rattle if you want to call it that. It only happens when the car is going up a steep hill or when I am accelerating. I will not do it if I but the brake on and give the car gas. I only use 93 Octane in this car.

Default sounds like detonation,

maybe the knock sensors arent working, do you get any codes with the stomp test?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Unregistered Guest

Well I don't know what a stomp test is but I am not getting any error codes.

Default stomp test is hoy you retreve stored error codes,

not just ones that are always on.

here is a link incase you dont already know how.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/engine_codes.htm
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Code test

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    not just ones that are always on.

here is a link incase you dont already know how.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/engine_codes.htm
    Well I pushed the button under the tack for three seconds then turned the key to position 2 and the car went through some numbers then came to code and it said 0000. So I'm taking that as no codes. Is this the same as the stomp test?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Well I pushed the button under the tack for three seconds then turned the key to position 2 and the car went through some numbers then came to code and it said 0000. So I'm taking that as no codes. Is this the same as the stomp test?
    No, Riddler, that's not the same test. The codes you see holding the Code Check Button, and turning the ignition to posn 2 reviews the various electronics codes on the car and tests the instrument panel. The stomp test (as noted by 632 Regal above) will indicate if there are any system failure codes held in the car's computer. I believe if if you have no stored codes, you should get a 1444 (blink - pause - (x3) blink, blink, blink, blink - pause).

Getting the stomp to work is all in the rhythm and is going to take practice...it may even be frustrating.

I got mine to work once I found the right level of frustration and coordination. If, for example, you press down on the accelerator for an "F", and let up on a "U", then the following should work well: "F-U", "F-U", "F-U", "F-U", "F-U", "you little piece of @#@$#*&*@#$&...work, dammit!" The pause before an F and U should be about the same time as when you say "uh-oh", as in when your wife finds out you have just bought another expensive upgrade part for your E34 without mentioning it (getting approval) earlier. =:-o

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default Ped off

Well I tried this twice and flooded my car. That is what pissed me off. Do I just leave the key off and then turn it to what position?

Thanks for your help.

Default Arghhh

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy