GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: insurance guys - how to maximize payout?

Default OT: insurance guys - how to maximize payout?

My wife was in a wreck that totalled her Volvo. The insurance co called today after screwing around a week and made us an offer - it's way low. I told the guy that he needed to bring more to the table.

Now....I don't expect a new car out of this but I do expect enough to purchase a replacement. What's the best way of getting them to increase their offer? I was going to pull the maintenance records then visit autotrader.com and cars.com to see what the avg price is for a similiar vehicle in the same condition.

You are on the right track.

Default Hope she's okay Rick...you guys are already having scary weather over there...

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    My wife was in a wreck that totalled her Volvo. The insurance co called today after screwing around a week and made us an offer - it's way low. I told the guy that he needed to bring more to the table.

Now....I don't expect a new car out of this but I do expect enough to purchase a replacement. What's the best way of getting them to increase their offer? I was going to pull the maintenance records then visit autotrader.com and cars.com to see what the avg price is for a similiar vehicle in the same condition.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

She was fine, she's now realized that if you're turning left you don't have the right of way. Too bad our insurance is about to go through the roof. :P

Snow the night before last, it was ok in the city (nothing stuck) but outside of city limits there was a lot of ice. One road about 5 miles from here had at least a dozen or so wrecks.