GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: (2) Sets of snow tires (1 set w/ rims)

Default FS: (2) Sets of snow tires (1 set w/ rims)

Folks-

Yesterday, my beloved '91 535i found a new home near Sacramento, CA....so, I've got some stuff to sell:

(1) set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1's (studded) size 205/65-R15 mounted on OEM BMW steel wheels. 2 seasons old, 85% tread left. Ran these on my E34 535i last year during one of the worst winters we've had...simply awesome in snow & ice. Asking $300

(1) set of Michelin Pilot Alpin 'extreme weather' size 215/45-R17 (no rims). These are HR-rated tires. 2 seasons old, 75% tread left. Asking $250

Would prefer to sell both sets locally (NJ/NY/PA/CT) rather than ship. Would also be willing to meet somewhere inbetween.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Tim G.
    timo1745-at-earthlink-dot-com
    ex-'91 535iM - 123k

Default Good to see your baby has a new home.

Did you have it on Autotrader?

How do the 17's do in mild snow? We get snow here a few times a year, but it usually sublimes by 2:00. I'm thinking about either a) getting 16" rims that fit around my 850 brakes, or b) getting 17" tires that will do okay in the snow.

And the big question... how long will it be before the haunting memories of an E34 trick you into buying another one? Or is it, gasp, minivan time?
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Darn! From East coast to West?

Default Hey Robin...good to hear from ya'.. (m)

Yep, had it on autotrader.com and on RoadFlea. A lot more 'tire kickers' out there than buyers these days, but I'm happy to say she's gone to a good home of a fellow enthusiast.

IMO, the Pilot Alpins are darn nice tires. I've never been a big Michelin fan (always thought they were overpriced and mediocre) but I really liked these. Even though they're branded with the "extreme weather" symbol, they're nothing like all the mushy-rubber snow tires (Blizzaks, and others) which wear out in 1 season and handle like crap on dry pavement. What would make me buy them again is, they're impressive in the snow, but also have a decent wear rating, relatively stiff sidewall, and behave nicely on wet/dry pavement, too. I've had them in 7" of wet snow (and the slushy crap you find on unplowed highways--we have lots of those)...don't get me wrong--they're not as -grippy as the Hakka's, but I was very pleased with them. They won't rival your summer treads in the corners, but try taking those into the snow. Am actually considering buying a set for my Subaru if I can find a good deal somewhere.

As for the 'haunting memories'....they began sometime yesterday over the course of the 25 minute drive from my house to the DMV with the new owner following me in my old car...I just kept staring at it in the rearview mirror. I will have another one, one day...just not while I've got wedding bills galore bogging me down.

And as for 'minivians'....arrrrgh....bite your tongue, young man!!

Hope all is well!
    Tim G

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Did you have it on Autotrader?

How do the 17's do in mild snow? We get snow here a few times a year, but it usually sublimes by 2:00. I'm thinking about either a) getting 16" rims that fit around my 850 brakes, or b) getting 17" tires that will do okay in the snow.

And the big question... how long will it be before the haunting memories of an E34 trick you into buying another one? Or is it, gasp, minivan time?

Default I hear ya', Tiger...I posted her FS here first (m)

...back almost 3 months ago, and didn't get a single response. Maybe it was just bad timing

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Darn! From East coast to West?

and at the same time.

Where were a month ago when I bought winter tires from a guy in MA?
    Well, at least your timing is right w/ the tires.

Ssssooooooo.... when is the scoobie getting its much needed 100HP boost?
    '91 535iM - SOLD

'01 325iM - PP . SP . CWP . HK . SSK . ZHP springs . Konis . M3 strut bar . OEM sirius and aux . TMS sways

Default Let's see...a month ago,I was trying to figure out if (m)

...there was some way to fit 15" steelies over my Scoobie's brakes so I could keep the Hakka's (no such luck). As for the Michies...with all the sets of tires/wheels I have, I forgot I still had them. I've also got a brand new set of Blizzak WS-15's (the orig Blizzak) current mounted on my E12 I should probably sell, too.

Nah, I think the Scoob is staying 'stock' (would hate to void my warranty)...maybe with the exception of some wheels. Besides, 250hp & 250 ft/lbs, AWD, and 5-speed w/ factory short-shift kit is just fine for my needs. It's no BMW, but will make a good commuter/ski/road trip car. Mark my words, I will have another bimmer one day.

How's your car decision coming? Any new 'direction' I should know about?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil
    and at the same time.

Where were a month ago when I bought winter tires from a guy in MA?
    Well, at least your timing is right w/ the tires.

Ssssooooooo.... when is the scoobie getting its much needed 100HP boost?

Quote Originally Posted by TimGinCentralNJ
    Folks-

Yesterday, my beloved '91 535i found a new home near Sacramento, CA....so, I've got some stuff to sell:

(1) set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1's (studded) size 205/65-R15 mounted on OEM BMW steel wheels. 2 seasons old, 85% tread left. Ran these on my E34 535i last year during one of the worst winters we've had...simply awesome in snow & ice. Asking $300

(1) set of Michelin Pilot Alpin 'extreme weather' size 215/45-R17 (no rims). These are HR-rated tires. 2 seasons old, 75% tread left. Asking $250

Would prefer to sell both sets locally (NJ/NY/PA/CT) rather than ship. Would also be willing to meet somewhere inbetween.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Tim G.
    timo1745-at-earthlink-dot-com
    ex-'91 535iM - 123k

Glad to see you got rid of it, that was a nice machine.

May be interested in the Hakkas if they'll clear M5 brakes...?
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '95 M Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '91 M5

Default Hey Trevor...good to hear from ya' (m)

...sorry things with my car didn't work out, but it was nice meeting you guys and getting to talk BMWs for a few hours.

As for the Hakka's, I don't believe you can mount a 15" wheel over the brakes of an E28 or E34 M5.

If you're looking for snows for an M5, wouldn't you want the Michelins? They're a 17" rim diameter, they'd keep your speedo accurate, and obviously wouldn't involve any brake clearance issues. Just a thought. Let me know if you have any interest.

Rgds,
    Tim

ps: tell your dad I said "hi"...

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik540i
    Glad to see you got rid of it, that was a nice machine.

May be interested in the Hakkas if they'll clear M5 brakes...?

Quote Originally Posted by TimGinCentralNJ
    ...sorry things with my car didn't work out, but it was nice meeting you guys and getting to talk BMWs for a few hours.

As for the Hakka's, I don't believe you can mount a 15" wheel over the brakes of an E28 or E34 M5.

If you're looking for snows for an M5, wouldn't you want the Michelins? They're a 17" rim diameter, they'd keep your speedo accurate, and obviously wouldn't involve any brake clearance issues. Just a thought. Let me know if you have any interest.

Rgds,
    Tim

ps: tell your dad I said "hi"...

Yeah, was just wondering...not really worried about keeping the speedo accurate...it'd be so subtle, either way I don't think the 15s will clear the M5 brakes that are on the M Technik.

I'll let you know about the 17s.

BTW, definitely enjoyed the bimmer talk we had for a couple hours during the day, hope to see you get ahold of another e34!
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '95 M Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '91 M5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast