GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Heating Problem - Need Help from the Gurus!

Default Heating Problem - Need Help from the Gurus!

So here is the problem - I have a 95 525ia with 203,000kms on it. I go and turn the heat on this evening (it was -6 degrees Celcius here in Toronto) and I get heat on the driver's side but cold air on the passenger side. Both heat dials we at about 24. All I know is thank God there were no passengers in my car this evening, otherwise they would have frozen their asses off! Also, the rear heat on the driver's side was fine but cold on the rear passenger side. I am starting to get really annoyed with this car on fixing things. As much as I love it, I am beginning to dread driving it. Everytime I step into, I feel like I am fixing the damn car. Enough of my ranting, any help or advice with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

bmwe34.net Look in the heater valve section because you have a stuck valve on one side... Mine was stuck in full hot, followed the procedure and everything worked again... cost nothing! Whoohoo.

they usually stick open and not closed, wack the valves several times and it will probably unstick
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Where are they located? Where & How should I wack them?

Want to make sure I do it right!

the valves are by the fuse box the silvery looking circles are the solonoids and the ideal place to apply a good technical slap with the handle of a screw driver or hammer handle, you can do this with the key/engine off or with the engine running and the heat on full, a few good knocks should do it, if not i can tell you how to take it a step further, and the step beyond that is beating the hell out of them as the unit needs to be replaced and worrys of dammage are not as big of a issue (unless you don't have a back up car, a coolent leak would put it out of commision till a replacement could be gotten)

Quote Originally Posted by western99
    Want to make sure I do it right!
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it