GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strut tower brace?

Default strut tower brace?

is there a difference between the Racing Dynamics strut tower brace for the e34 535 and 540?

good ques....i want the 535i one for my car =]

same mounting points but different engines that they need to clear, one may fit both cars and the other may only fit the one car

Quote Originally Posted by MaloventEvil
    is there a difference between the Racing Dynamics strut tower brace for the e34 535 and 540?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

its more likely that the 540 one will fit the 535 but not the other way around?

possible

Quote Originally Posted by MaloventEvil
    its more likely that the 540 one will fit the 535 but not the other way around?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default I live here in Alexandria and near Racing Dynamics

My mechanic - A RD dealer tried to install the 540 Strut brace on my car as well as his 530iT. It causes a bow in the hood.

The lead fabricator / engineer from Racing Dynamics came over to look at it - as they did not believe it - and was appalled that they missed the mark with their Brace that badly.

They took my mechanics car over to their *LABS* (shop) and are fabricating new ones that actually fit the 8 with out the optional Hood Bow.

I will report next thursday how this endeavor went when I pick up my car.

I was in getting new Brake System; Suspension; Transmission; Major rear diff service; Valve cover Oil Seals and rear PCV Valve done along with new shocks and sways tires and wheels. When I said - what the heck lets throw that on too! Thats how we discovered it didnt fit.

Stay tuned. - Jt
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

well ****. i just traded jimmyz2 my sideskirts for a RD strut tower brace.

it was probably the hood pad, some have a thick pad some have a real thin pad

Quote Originally Posted by Johntee540
    My mechanic - A RD dealer tried to install the 540 Strut brace on my car as well as his 530iT. It causes a bow in the hood.

The way my car acts (like a woman sometimes) It has to be a maxi pad. - JT
    Johntee540

I wanted to update you. I got my "Modified" 540 Strut Tower Brace from RD today. It is lower than the one I originally had. And they are modifying the rest to be lower from here on out. However - the one I had gotten was the result of being cut too long and then being welded. When fit the bar bowed up causing it to hit the hood.

The fix is to change the jig so that they use less bar and run them closer to the Engine. My Bar was a one off Quality control issue. They were however concerned and pulled several off the shelf to check on my car.

The factory there is quite an interesting place. And it is really interesting to see how they fabricate this stuff. The owner has his Vintage 67 Porsche 937 Turbo Race car there in the shop. Only worth $347k. I was impressed with my little field trip my mechanic took me on today.

So Malevolent Evil. You are more than likely way okay with your trade. Just wanted to update you. Sorry for the firedrill! - JT
    Johntee540

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast