Hi guys -

I called up BavAuto today to find out what shock they recommend using with their springs. Of course, they told me "Bilstein Sport".

Now - I'd read up on this and mentioned to the guy I spoke with - Ian - that apparently people were having to cut the internal bump stop to get it working correctly.

He assured me that this was not the case, as the internal bump stop was under pressure, and therefore not serviceable. He then went on to tell me that the bilsteins wouldn't bottom out (I'd all but stopped listening at that point...)

I'm also concerned that the springs dropped the car TOO low - there doesn't seem to be enough room to put on a set of 17's as planned. The 225/60/15's look to just barely clear it - how am I going to run a 235/45/17 without destroying the fenders on a bump?

Hence the dilemma: I called up my newfound friend at BMA (aka Patrick) to get a quote on the koni's to make all of this work. About $650 plus shipping...someone on eBay's offering the set for about $530 out the door if I recall. He mentioned the Sachs kit, out the door for $640, and I've read tons about it on the board, everybody likes it, etc. Patrick said that the sachs drops the car 1.8" in front...if the BavAuto's do ~ 1.2", will this thing even get over a bump with it on? Anybody got pictures of this kit on while running 17's that I can viddy?

What would you do:

1) Should I remove the new, never ridden on, but now 1 month old BavAuto springs (and hence can't be returned), take the L and buy the Sachs kit,
2) Try to run the current OEM Boges for a while....see what happens,
3) Buy the koni's and run them with the BavAuto springs....

whit LOWELL