GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Suspension advice needed on SACHS sport kit

Haha - BMA. BMA is a fine, fine company. They know how to treat people right. First rate service, product, and pricing.

What are people's thoughts on the camber kits? I know I probably won't be able to align the thing perfectly without it, causing some more tire wear...but do I *need* it? LOWELL

Default not in the front, rear is optional but will still wear tires.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    What are people's thoughts on the camber kits? I know I probably won't be able to align the thing perfectly without it, causing some more tire wear...but do I *need* it? LOWELL
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

nice!
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Good information here! I am thinking of going with this same setup on mine. I hope to do it within the next month or so. Anyone have any more pictures?
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

Default K-Mac's

Patrick-
    How do you like the K-Macs? I'm considering putting on some camber plates, either fixed or adjustable. Typical fixed are 1 degree, but I think I would like more camber for the track. Did you get these from Ireland Eng? Do you play around with adjustment, or just leave them be? How hard are they to adjust?
    Nice ride btw. Mine sits a bit lower with the sachs kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Two things to note would be I also installed a K-Mac adjustable front camber kit which added about 3/8", but used the 3mm front spring pads. Since then I think both the front and the rear have both settled in a bit so the whole car is sitting a little lower than in this pic. So far, I haven't bottomed out or scraped on anything and the roads and interfaces are not great here, so... so far so good.
    The ride quality is great imo and I haven't ever read of anyone being disappointed with this setup.
    Regarding your situation, since your springs are already on the car I'd run it for a while and see if you love it or hate it.
    Hth.
    Thanks-
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS

I think it's settled in a bit, since this photo was taken right after the install, but the plates do add. I did get the K-Macs from Ireland Engineering but I don't think they offer it anymore. They have their own kits they sell though, and if I was going to do it again I'd probably go with a fixed setup only because I haven't ever adjusted this one yet. It's dialed into with about one degree now to offset the Sachs kit.
    I know a guy who adjusts his K-Mac kit on his 535im often (he's a BMWCCA member and driver instructor here in Denver) and he loves it and told me it's very easy and only takes about 5 minutes/side. If you're participating in those events it may be a good choice for you. Dinan sells a fixed kit as well and iirc they usually have their annual big sale around now.
    Interestingly, after I finished all of the suspension upgrades (Sachs, K-Macs, euro M5 front sway, M5T rear sway, and new uppers lowers yada yada yada) I still had the stock basketweaves with old BF Goodrich radial TA's from the previous owner. To say the car had a firm ride was a bit of an understatement -it kinda sucked and I was wondering if I'd made a mistake. I was surfing Roadflea (it's good for something) and found a deal on the polished t-stars with new Yoko AVS Dbs for $800 that I couldn't pass up. The ride is far improved with the 17"s due, I suppose, to the larger footprint and very comfortable.
    One of these days I'm going to buy a kit to lessen the rear camber caused by the Sachs kit -since it will eventually cause too much inner tire wear. If you or anyone else has any good recommendations please post them.
    Hth.

Patrick I am looking into the Sachs kit for my 90 535iM. Would you use this kit again? Did you use the stock spring pads?

Your car looks great with those T- stars.
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

Yes, I like it and would use it again. Since I was going through the motions I replaced most all of the bits and pieces of the suspension parts, although you don't have to go to that extent.
    I used the 3mm springs pads. Here's an old thread (with some familiar names -Ha) I had saved that addresses this:
    http://www.bimmernut.com/wwwboard/e3...ges/84427.html
    Thanks for the compliment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12