GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: The Phoenix has risen

Default The Phoenix has risen

It's 3:10 a.m. and I just finiahed putting the interior back together. I'll "take the cover off" it tomorrow afternoon.

Can you feel the excitement in the air.

Original Thread: My Current Project

I remember that one! Didnt it start from a dropped french fry that you couldnt find?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

mmmmmmm......crusty french fry.......

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I remember that one! Didnt it start from a dropped french fry that you couldnt find?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

...it all started when I wanted to recondition my leather seats. I removed the seats and noticed coffee/cola stains in the carpet, under the console, in the ductwork, etc. A full list of things cleaned and replaced to come. I'm still making the list.

I would have preferred to have the pictures on a nice sunny day but it's been raining here al day so I opted for the garage.

Also, after setting in the garage in pieces since August, the wife and I took the car out and about today. So the pedals look a lot worse than the did this morning when I finshed putting the car back together.

I still have a few more things to replace, remove and clean, or just clean. Please remember that this car is almost ten years old and the previous owners had no love for the BMW what so ever.

I'll provide more details throughout the week.

BEFORE (These pictures were taken two years ago after purchasing the car.)

AFTER (I just wiped the leather with Meguair's Leather Foam and it had no time to soak in before I took the pictures.)

A few other pictures:

Condition of the carpet under both seats and under the console:

After the attempt to save $200 and restore the wood gear shifter trim by polishing scratches out using a Porter Cable Random Orbital Bufer and various strengths of 1z Einszett Polishes. I dropped the wood trim and damaged the veneer and the piece of aluminum in which it's attached. See that object shining in the upper, far right hand corner? That's the damage from dropping it...Looks like I'll also have to drop the $200 to replace it.

hazard switch is in backwards and center seatbelt is not plugged into it's thingie on the rear deck, otherwise bitchen
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    hazard switch is in backwards and center seatbelt is not plugged into it's thingie on the rear deck, otherwise bitchen
    Thanks Winfred, I was hoping no one would notice... the window switches are also backwards. Figured that out this afternoon when I pushed the driver side window switch and the rear passenger side window went down. LOL!!

Those were the last things I put in the console at 3 a.m. Sunday morning. istarted putting the caar back together at noon Saturday afternon. i was barely able to see straight.

looks awesome!!!!!
    Gone but not forgotten

That is incredible! Like new, literally. I wish my rear shelf, c-pillars and carpets looked like that. All of the light grey fuzzy stuff in my car has a slightly grungey look after 15 years of use.

Default No, no....now it's "customized" to your specs!....

Ya gotta have it be a little bit personalized, don't you?
    It looks great, you did a very nice job.

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams