GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess i'll have to move to the e46 site now, that a

Default I guess i'll have to move to the e46 site now, that a

3 was chosen instead of the rx300

Default e46 site is a great place for discussions of color choices, Bill :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    3 was chosen instead of the rx300

that your/the wife's new ride? i don't get too many new 3s yet, not too bad from what i've seen
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Lovely car Bill, how's Yvonne like it? Was it like Lori's case, once she drove it, she wouldn't even look at another car?

Hey we can talk color choice here too..=) Is that Steel Blue? That's the color of Lori's E39, nice pick. Congratulations to the Misses....

enjoy,
    Jr

Default Yikes! My first look of the vehicle was its rear and...

for a moment thought it was a Magnum even though you said it was an e46. Nice car though now just equip it with DVD video, roll up the windows, smoke a little weed and cruise into the sunset... Just kidding ;o)

Default Thanks Jr, actually she hasn't driven it yet : ) I went and

looked at it and told her about it. She trusted my judgement and i made the deal without her seeing it or driving it.... Now I'll have to see if she actually likes it or not..
    Its a 2000 323it steel blue like you thought, a cpo car that has warranty coverage till 2006 and it has 36k miles on it. There's a few things i have to fix that the warranty won't cover. Mostly interior trim stuff like the rear seat drink holder won't open... little stuff like that, All the big stuff is fine..
    I'm kind of wondering whether she'll like the sports suspension and the 17 inch wheels..If not I'm sure i can swap that stuff out to someone who has the stock setup..

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Lovely car Bill, how's Yvonne like it? Was it like Lori's case, once she drove it, she wouldn't even look at another car?

Hey we can talk color choice here too..=) Is that Steel Blue? That's the color of Lori's E39, nice pick. Congratulations to the Misses....

enjoy,
    Jr

Default This will be my wife's Winfred, I'm certain that the only time I'll get to touch it

is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
    like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    that your/the wife's new ride? i don't get too many new 3s yet, not too bad from what i've seen

i think the oil change indicator system is up to 15k+ miles before the first yellow on the e46, my new snapon scanner is supposed to be able to diagnose the hvac system but i haven't had a chance to try on one, from reading in the manual for the current snapon bmw update theres some goofey stuff in the 2000 and later cars, i hate how diagnosing anything starts off by downloading all of the latest computer updates from the dealers modic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
    like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Very nice Bill! I'm sure she'll like it, though the Threes are a bit on the smallish side. VERY interesting to find an early e46 Touring with the sport suspension! Is it the sport interior (bolstered seats, etc) as well? I'd bet she'll like the sport suspension plenty...... My mom's been driving the 330Ci sport for 3 years, which is a step firmer from the 325/323 sport suspension, and she's actually considering a trade-in on a performance package car (they're offering her something like $5900 off list if she trades in her current low mileage '01).

I just switched to the normal 17x7 330 multispokes with snowies for winter and they look so small - the wider sport package wheels really make a difference in terms of visual impact (and stepping down from my 18" blingblings makes them look TINY!). You don't have too much to worry about in terms of rough NorthEastern roads - so enjoy those 17's!!!!

I do wish they made a 330 wagon for sale in this country - putting a D-pillar on my car, with the performance package, would make it absolutely perfect......

You will definitely be introducing a whole lot of knowledge and experience to the e46 world if you start hanging out there. You'll probably have to restrain yourself from replying to a whole lot of posts, worse even than I.....

Enjoy!
    Last edited by MicahO; 12-03-2004 at 06:51 AM.
    --Micah O'C
    '17 M2 6MT, Mineral Grey
    '04 330i ZHP
    '88 M5 2791445
    '92 M5T BL01001
    formerly '90 535iM, '92 525iT

Great choice Bill...she's love it. Is the E-34 history?
    George

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast