GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess i'll have to move to the e46 site now, that a

Default Mmmmm......warranty......goooooood!....

While I'm sure that many of you feel that a warranty means that you don't get as much time to get your hands dirty.....I gotta tell you.....my new little car has had gas and two oil services in the past 8mths/8k miles. Period. Not a penny more. I bet my good friends at the BMW dealership miss me a lot. I miss their smiles, not their bills though.

Very nice looking car Bill. I see quite a few of them on the road down here. I think it's popular as a Soccer Mom's 2nd vehicle, next to the 'Burbs and Expeditions and X5s.

Are you gonna need a set of......ahem ......"snow shoes" for it??

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Hi Micah, Yep, its got the sport premium package interior also, power sport seats with memory, tilt and telescope wheel, harman kardon sound with indash cd (Patrick said he can get me a changer very cheap) front and side air bag option, steptronic transmission, wood trim package, self dimming mirror with clown nose, obc, powermoonroof, full size spare etc etc, they got about every option they could with the exception of cold weather package heated seats, but since its an arizona car I don't think that was on their minds.. Even has a little sticker on the gas door stating that 87 octane was acceptable but best performance is with 90....

Quote Originally Posted by MicahO
    Very nice Bill! I'm sure she'll like it, though the Threes are a bit on the smallish side. VERY interesting to find an early e46 Touring with the sport suspension! Is it the sport interior (bolstered seats, etc) as well? I'd bet she'll like the sport suspension plenty...... My mom's been driving the 330Ci sport for 3 years, which is a step firmer from the 325/323 sport suspension, and she's actually considering a trade-in on a performance package car (they're offering her something like $5900 off list if she trades in her current low mileage '01).

I just switched to the normal 17x7 330 multispokes with snowies for winter and they look so small - the wider sport package wheels really make a difference in terms of visual impact (and stepping down from my 18" blingblings makes them look TINY!). You don't have too much to worry about in terms of rough NorthEastern roads - so enjoy those 17's!!!!

I do wish they made a 330 wagon for sale in this country - putting a D-pillar on my car, with the performance package, would make it absolutely perfect......

You will definitely be introducing a whole lot of knowledge and experience to the e46 world if you start hanging out there. You'll probably have to restrain yourself from replying to a whole lot of posts, worse even than I.....

Enjoy!

Default Thanks George, nope the E34 stays, its too low a mileage and too clean interior and

mechanically... hopefully now that she'll drive the 3 I'll get a chance to sand down the 5 and get it repainted since the clearcoat is really coming off in chunks now... After i get it painted I may or may not decide to sell.. If I don't drive it for a couple of weeks I think about selling it but then as soon as i get in and go somewhere in it I forget all about selling..... I'll probably sell the previa instead since its getting way up there in mileage and I'll have to start using the truck more to haul parts in...44k miles on the 98 ford f150, so i should really start driving it more..

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    Great choice Bill...she's love it. Is the E-34 history?
    George

Default Nice ride will miss ya

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    3 was chosen instead of the rx300
    Still a nice car. Wow I wish my garage was that clean.
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

Default Unfortunately i can't claim credit for that garage,its the sellers house not

mine... My house hasn't got a prayer of ever looking that clean....

Un
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted K
    Still a nice car. Wow I wish my garage was that clean.

Default Nice choice Bill, congratulations.

I have grown to love the sport seats in that 3 series. I started to enjoy the loaners when the x5 went in for service. It is a much more involving drive around town.
    erased due to slander

Default 26 is what my '99 E46 got. it's gone away a/o 3/02

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
    like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...

Default Thanks Martin, I think she'll probably like them too..

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    I have grown to love the sport seats in that 3 series. I started to enjoy the loaners when the x5 went in for service. It is a much more involving drive around town.

Default Thanks for the confirmation Warren, i was wondering if it was too good to be true.

Looks like you found a nice one Bill. Know what you mean about taking a ride in your E-34 and then have a hard time selling it. For all intents my car has the identical drivetrain to yours...M-30, 4 speed autobox etc and there is something about the balance of the car...melts away the miles more effortlessly than any car I can ever recall. Winfred, Keiff...a number of people have that same drivetrain on here. Hopefully, you will never sell it. Sounds like a good idea of putting some fresh paint on it and enjoying another 10 years at least.
    Cheers,
    George

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast