GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess i'll have to move to the e46 site now, that a

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I guess i'll have to move to the e46 site now, that a

3 was chosen instead of the rx300

Default e46 site is a great place for discussions of color choices, Bill :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    3 was chosen instead of the rx300

that your/the wife's new ride? i don't get too many new 3s yet, not too bad from what i've seen
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default This will be my wife's Winfred, I'm certain that the only time I'll get to touch it

is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
    like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    that your/the wife's new ride? i don't get too many new 3s yet, not too bad from what i've seen

i think the oil change indicator system is up to 15k+ miles before the first yellow on the e46, my new snapon scanner is supposed to be able to diagnose the hvac system but i haven't had a chance to try on one, from reading in the manual for the current snapon bmw update theres some goofey stuff in the 2000 and later cars, i hate how diagnosing anything starts off by downloading all of the latest computer updates from the dealers modic.

is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
    like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default 26 is what my '99 E46 got. it's gone away a/o 3/02

Default Thanks for the confirmation Warren, i was wondering if it was too good to be true.

Lovely car Bill, how's Yvonne like it? Was it like Lori's case, once she drove it, she wouldn't even look at another car?

Hey we can talk color choice here too..=) Is that Steel Blue? That's the color of Lori's E39, nice pick. Congratulations to the Misses....

enjoy,
    Jr

Default Thanks Jr, actually she hasn't driven it yet : ) I went and

looked at it and told her about it. She trusted my judgement and i made the deal without her seeing it or driving it.... Now I'll have to see if she actually likes it or not..
    Its a 2000 323it steel blue like you thought, a cpo car that has warranty coverage till 2006 and it has 36k miles on it. There's a few things i have to fix that the warranty won't cover. Mostly interior trim stuff like the rear seat drink holder won't open... little stuff like that, All the big stuff is fine..
    I'm kind of wondering whether she'll like the sports suspension and the 17 inch wheels..If not I'm sure i can swap that stuff out to someone who has the stock setup..

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Lovely car Bill, how's Yvonne like it? Was it like Lori's case, once she drove it, she wouldn't even look at another car?

Hey we can talk color choice here too..=) Is that Steel Blue? That's the color of Lori's E39, nice pick. Congratulations to the Misses....

enjoy,
    Jr

Default Mmmmm......warranty......goooooood!....

While I'm sure that many of you feel that a warranty means that you don't get as much time to get your hands dirty.....I gotta tell you.....my new little car has had gas and two oil services in the past 8mths/8k miles. Period. Not a penny more. I bet my good friends at the BMW dealership miss me a lot. I miss their smiles, not their bills though.

Very nice looking car Bill. I see quite a few of them on the road down here. I think it's popular as a Soccer Mom's 2nd vehicle, next to the 'Burbs and Expeditions and X5s.

Are you gonna need a set of......ahem ......"snow shoes" for it??

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast