GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Where can I buy an original basketweave?

Default Where can I buy an original basketweave?

I have a wheel that is like 1/32th of an inch out of round causing air to slllooowwwlllyy leak out of the tire. I have to fill the dumb thing once a week or so. I have tried to have it straightened to no avail, so I just want to get a new one. The stealer wants $450 for a new one and I have tried every salvage yard in the Boston area with no luck. I am leary of eBay, only because most people sell like 4 at a time, and I only need 1. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Brian

Default an out of round wheel will not cause a leak...

more likly oxidation or deep scratches on the bead. I have a few but their probably more out of round than 1/32. They do seal good though. Email me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBrian
    I have a wheel that is like 1/32th of an inch out of round causing air to slllooowwwlllyy leak out of the tire. I have to fill the dumb thing once a week or so. I have tried to have it straightened to no avail, so I just want to get a new one. The stealer wants $450 for a new one and I have tried every salvage yard in the Boston area with no luck. I am leary of eBay, only because most people sell like 4 at a time, and I only need 1. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Brian
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I've got a couple of spares, $75+ shipping will get you one. Guaranteed straight, err- round...

Bret.

Default I just learned something...

I guess I just assumed since I banged into a curb with that the fact it was a little more oval than its supposed to be made it lose air. Whats with the scratches and oxidation? How would that cause it to lose air? Thanks for edu-macting me!

I attached some pictures of the curb rash BEFORE it was fixed. That part that is bent in the photo has now been corrected but the tire still loses air.

Brian

Default Ya right...within 1/32...good luck.

if 1/32 is bad how can you offer more. At least I admit its not usually possible.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

what you posted will not cause it to lose air, someones pulling your tail unless the rim is cracked (highly unlikely).
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Well, I am glad that wouldnt cause me to lose air. However, the fact remains that I am still losing air so I need to get a new wheel. Brett, still have an extra wheel? If so, where are you shipping from? You can email me at briankelley@post.harvard.edu. Thanks!

Brian

Brian,

I've got an extra, will send you an email to confirm. I'm shipping from NC 27520.

Thanks!
    Bret.