GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: take a rear-wing away ?

Default take a rear-wing away ?

in first, hello everybody. It's my first post here.

so, I'm looking at a '91 e34 (picture below). The car is cheap but there is some work to do on it to make her look like a babe, and the first is to take this rear-wing away and the chromes above the wheels. Do you think it would be easy or could it be a problem ?

thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by nico65
    the first is to take this rear-wing away and the chromes above the wheels. Do you think it would be easy or could it be a problem ?
    Should be easy enough to remove, the problem is that there will be holes present where the wing was mounted to the car. You'll have to fill them in and repaint the trunk lid (you could try touch up paint and buffing, but the results probably won't be nearly as good).
    Sean H
    '02 325ci
    '84 318i GTR

Nico,
    Welcome to the board,that appears to be a rear spoiler designed for the E34,depending on how or if you are going to modify(personalise) the vehicle , you may want to leave the rear spoiler. I agree with you on the removal of the chrome wheelwell trim , I don't care for that too much. You might request for someone on the board to post a picture of their vehicle with the rear spoiler to get a better idea on whether or not you leave it.
    HTH....Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

No, leave the M-Tech wing on... they are the best looking one. It is a major headache when you take it off... holes... painting...$$$... beside, that wing is $400 itself. Do take off those chrome wheel well covers... and buy yourself nice wheels and that will be a babe.

Default I'm with the majority . . .

The wing will look a lot more at home on that car with the chrome wheel wells gone (hopefully they are not hiding rust) and some new wheels. At very least, its removal should be last on your list of "un-dos."

Where are you located and what engine is under there?

Enjoy!

Default Nico,check this out

Quote Originally Posted by nico65
    in first, hello everybody. It's my first post here.

so, I'm looking at a '91 e34 (picture below). The car is cheap but there is some work to do on it to make her look like a babe, and the first is to take this rear-wing away and the chromes above the wheels. Do you think it would be easy or could it be a problem ?

thanks a lot

This is a pic of Quintin's Beautiful ride with the rear spoiler

One of my Favorites

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

"that wing is $400 itself"

Hugh... when I think some people pay for that ok I forget the idea to take it away for the moment, even if in my opinion a E34 looks better without

I will try to ask the vendor to remove the chromes above the wheels before buying the car to see if it hide rust. Probably not.

about the wheels : what do you advice me as rims ?

oh, I'm french, located in Sweden right now (... don't ask ) and the motor is a 6 in line 24V 192bhp

shots taken by me when I went test the car. As you can see there is some work to do on the inside too, for example the knob of the gearbox :

provided by the vendor (note that these rims are included in the price... but I don't like them !!) :

Last edited by nico65; 02-12-2004 at 06:30 PM.

yes, true, looks great like that
    but note that it's not exactly the same rear-wing

maybe because the grass is always greener on the other side :=)

Default For what it's worth . . .

My '95 540 6-speed had a rear wing installed when new, but was removed by the second owner, who had the holes filled and painted so that you can tell where it was if you really look, but you don't see it otherwise.

If you like more of a stealth vehicle (as I do), it will certainly look nice without the wing. On the other hand, if you're into body kits and lowering springs, etc. - can add to the look of the car.

The nice thing abot the E34 is that it can be nearly all things to all people! Hot rod, luxury car, baby-toting family car/wagon, racer . . .

If you go for this vehicle, we recommend that you live with it and do whatever you like to make it your own.

We will be here to help.

Default Looks like it could be a really nice car,

Make sure you have it indipendently inspected for problems before you purchase it!! could save you thousands of whatever you guys use over there as money (maybe more?). The wheel well trim and them hubcaps (wheels?) make it sortof look like an early 70s Ford LTD or something. If the car checks out good and all, then you will have something to work with, the spoiler can stay or go, it doesn't look over whelming or anything. Since I dropped my car with springs the stock look just doesnt appeal at all to me, that the wheel trim and them hubcaps all add up to yick. You will be able transform that thing into a very very nice looking machine!!

Good luck!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast