Ok, I have a weird issue with my M30...Oil filters don't fit! The replacement filter BMA sent me was nearly 1/4 inch too tall to fit in my housing. I wrote this off as weird, but since there was a WIX sticker on my housing, I thought maybe the housing had been changed.

So I bought a WIX filter with the # from the sticker on my housing...57132, which is also the stock # listed for my M30. It is also too tall! The filter body is between 1/8 and 1/4 inch longer/taller than the existing filter, and it prevents the 'lid' on the housing from sealing down.

In this case, I was able to trim down the rubber gaskets on each end of the WIX filter to get it 'short' enough to fit...it still compressed the filter down more than I would like when I tightened the bolt, but it seems fine, with no issues over a couple hundred miles.

The filter I took out was a full metal can-type that is slightly shorter than these replacements, and has no manufacturer or brand indication on it...

I hate to keep having to modify filters to get them in my car...can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm confused, as usual.

Armen