GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chip replacement gone wrong, warning to newbies

netmgr Guest

Default Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Schneiders
    against stupid stuff that previous owners can do. This, I suspect, is one of those cases.
    if you dont know the answer Schneiders dont bother replying, making up stories about stupid owners soildering chips in...why would aprevious owner take the old chip out and desolder the holder then solder the same chip back in again...

if you had read the previous posts i stated that some versions of this ecu had the main chip soldered in as OEM

werent you the one that said 'I spent several hours,
    over two days (really!!) before I finally got the boards separated in my 1991 525i.' says it all really
    Last edited by netmgr; 11-24-2004 at 07:47 PM.

Default OK the ******** slamming has to stop here!

I dont even know what kind of car or what year were talking about unless someone knows and is following this dudes name. When people post their problems they should say what car their referring to, then the rest of us can either research it or just know off the top of their heads and make serious replies or whatever. There are more than one chip on most boards and maybe more on the dual boards, first time I ever messed with my crap I pulled the trans controller out and the chip looked correct but didnt have the right number. That chip was soldered in, if I didnt do careful research i would be in this dudes shoes right now.

Point is, netmgr is getting on dick cause dick made a comment not acceptable to netmgr...netmgr jumped right in in the first or second post slamming 1000 eyes....so... get a grip, have a beer, relax. no rules here so behave yourselves. I sound like im refereeing my kid and mother now...that sucks more.

1000, what car, any pics of the boards available?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default pictures...kinda blury

Here's what it looks like. There was no black or white cover and no holder for it to plug into. I'm confused now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1989 535i 5-speed stick
    Last edited by 1000_eyez; 11-24-2004 at 08:09 PM.

netmgr Guest

Default hmm

he didnt say what car no, but hey this the bmw e34 forum...im guessing he has a bmw E34...ok im guessing u mean model but that was nothing to do with my point, those being

why did he prise a chip out that obviously was soldered in and must have used a mighty force to not only brake the chip but completely dissconnect it from the board leaving the legs.

second point was bad advise saying the previous owner had taken the old chip out and soldered another in...just like that...advising someone that what they have here is a mess of someone elses making and of stupidness when in reality as stated before that some ecu's if this persons type, as he did state the number, had soldered main chips.

my point is about bad advise...i hate it when people guess...unless they say it is a guess...otherwise people reading this take it on their word
    Last edited by netmgr; 11-24-2004 at 08:10 PM.

Default you mean about the dude that was told to replace his,

waterpump when all he needed to do was bleed the system and me and Winfreds posts were enveloped by some newbies that didnt have a clue and the dude thought it was as good as gold advice?

I completely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by netmgr
    he didnt say what car no, ok im guessing u mean model but that was nothing to do with my point,
    my point is about bad advise...i hate it when people guess...unless they say it is a guess...otherwise people reading this take it on their word
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Nice car! Do you have pics of the board and chip deal you broke?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000_eyez
    1989 535i 5-speed stick
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Default picture of board is above

camera doesn't work so well

Default And Mr. B puts one over the fence. 1-0...next pitcher?

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default I did find this on ebay...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast