GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Intake Manifold

Default Intake Manifold

Today i took out the intake manifold of my 525i,94...all went well except the for the part of disconnecting the hoses,they all as the same age of the car...
    It was interesting,since its the first time i do such job on my car,and along came some findings i hope anyone could comment for better results

1- The intake manifold was soaked with oil,is it worth cleaning as possible of the oil deposits,and what type of cleaner can be used?

2- I noticed that on Cylinders 3 & 6 that there exists very black oily spots, while the rest are shiny alloy,does this mean anything,and what cleaner can i apply there to restore the alloy look?

The intake valves looked excellent,nothing unusual and they are very clean ,no carbon deposits.

While there,and since the car has a low Idle issue,i took out the ICV it was dirty,and i checked the Ohm, the readings as follows:
    Pins 1+2= 11 Ohms
    Pins 2+3= 12 Ohms
    Pins 1+3= 22 Ohms

Per Bently,the readings are almost half the required spec, should this mean that the ICV is faulty? or is it better to have a new one tested and compared to my ICV readings...

Thnx...

I am happy to say that i finished the work on the intake manifold,found many broken hoses,changed worn out brake fluid resevoir rubber clips,very dirty intake manifold,thouroughly cleaned with a sensor safe cleaner,cleaned throttle housing,cleaned ICV,cleaned injectors,checked and cleaned intake chambers found 3 & 6 with deposits,put everything back carefully...
    Any questions are welcomed...
    The only thing i noticed,after the car warmed up,there was this smoke coming from the exhaust,the car has been sitting in the garage for some time does anybody seem to agree that this smoke is the water mist may have accumilated in the exhaust pipe AND the cleaner i used being burnt up???
    OR there is a possibility for other cause to that???
    I didnt take the car for a spin,since the brake fluid is very low,but i can`t wait to feel the changes

ill be brief, smoke after any substantial engine work is completley normal. Dont have time to go farther but sounds like a great job!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    ill be brief, smoke after any substantial engine work is completley normal. Dont have time to go farther but sounds like a great job!
    Yep,absolutely positively true...took the car for a spin,after parking the car no trace of smoke...still brake fluid needs topping up