GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need Torque Values For Rear Dog Bones

Default Need Torque Values For Rear Dog Bones

I will be installing new Dog Bones (Pitman arms) on the rear of my 1990 525i 5spd. I can't seem to find the torgue values for this installation. I also need the torque values for the subframe plate bolts, since i'm also installing Bruno's subframe stiffeners. Thanks inadvance for the forums assistance.

Default Can Any one out there Help with this request???

Quote Originally Posted by Pwr2spare
    I will be installing new Dog Bones (Pitman arms) on the rear of my 1990 525i 5spd. I can't seem to find the torgue values for this installation. I also need the torque values for the subframe plate bolts, since i'm also installing Bruno's subframe stiffeners. Thanks inadvance for the forums assistance.

Default Torque value is about 95 lbs

I also installed Bruno's subframe stiffers. Big help on rear squirming. Helped stiffen up the old subframe bushings/mounts.

Also I did not worry about the torque on the small bolts that hold the plate to the frame. I just sort of replicated what it seemed to be when I removed the bolts. I also used a tiny bit of red locktite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwr2spare
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Many Thanks Russell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    I also installed Bruno's subframe stiffers. Big help on rear squirming. Helped stiffen up the old subframe bushings/mounts.

Also I did not worry about the torque on the small bolts that hold the plate to the frame. I just sort of replicated what it seemed to be when I removed the bolts. I also used a tiny bit of red locktite.