GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sachs dropping kit part #

Default Sachs dropping kit part #

Guys:
    I need the Sachs part# for the complete dropping kit for the 1990 520i E34.
    This was mentioned in an early thread and I need it badly.
    One question. Can I only drop the front og he car and by how much can I do that while maintaing the back of the car stock and what effect does it have

BMA has the information you will need. www.bmaparts.com, call them on the phone and ask for a quote for the parts and the part #.

There are slight differences in the hardware depending on manufacture year. Make sure you have the month and year of the build date of your car when you investigate.

The kit comes with 4 springs, 4 shocks, and associated hardware. You'll need to bring your own spring pads.

Regarding dropping the front only... you can do this and lots of people have. I bought the full sachs kit and installed it at all 4 corners. There are two height options on the rears, and I used the higher one, which is about stock. I dropped the front a little more than normal by using 3mm spring pads.

I'm not sure about the physics of using stiff (sachs) on the front and softer (stock) on the back but I'm sure it would affect oversteer / understeer etc. (experts jump in here...).

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by aabdelhamid
    Guys:
    I need the Sachs part# for the complete dropping kit for the 1990 520i E34.
    This was mentioned in an early thread and I need it badly.
    One question. Can I only drop the front og he car and by how much can I do that while maintaing the back of the car stock and what effect does it have

I dont think you want to mix and match fronts and rears, they are made to work together and like mentioned it will affect the handling. Get your part number and a quote from BMA, then you might want to check around on costs. BMA is generally great but sometimes they dont get as good of a deal as other suppliers, worth looking into.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy