GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't think that will buff out.

Default Don't think that will buff out.

Well that sucked.
    Luckily; no injuries to any humans involved.
    She was to be pulled off the road for the winter next week. *shakes head*
    I’m ok.....................ok, no i’m not; clean classics are so hard to find.

Remember kids.

94 530iT&A ‘Helga’---92 325i ‘Rolf’ ….”Hang up & Drive!”.......no, SERiously.
    ”Bet that phone call doesn’t seen that important now does it, HUH!" – paul p (Nov 20, 2004).
    Last edited by paul p (chi-town); 11-24-2004 at 07:38 PM.

oh man dude, im SO sorry about that. At least you are alright. Is it a complete loss? That's how my E34 looked after i got hit, and it's fixed up now.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

that sucks
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

just sawzall the ass end off and sheetmetal it in, that's gotta be a good 150-200lbs of dead weight, could be fun it's a total loss anyway
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

TC535i Guest

Damn, Paul... sorry to see that.

I know how rare those cars are too, I looked high and low for a clean SE-R, only ones I found the owners wanted $4k+ for... had to settle for an E30 (that blew up 6 months down the road )

Awwww, hell.....Hope you're alright, you'll be more sore tomorrow.

On the bright side, you'll get to do some Christmas car shopping =)

Hope everything turns out ok, keep us posted, glad you're OK, that's the important thing here. RIP Jenny..=(

with all that additional clearance you should be able to fit in a 13" exhaust end tip without a problem.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    I know how rare those cars are too, I looked high and low for a clean SE-R, only ones I found the owners wanted $4k+ for... had to settle for an E30 (that blew up 6 months down the road )
    Yeah......try that where it snows. UGH!
    I drove her home today and except for the some rubbing on the driver’s rear tire she felt fine. *rolleyes*
    There’s just no way to make a ‘whole’ car out of this again i would think. 10% more frame deformation and a rear window would have popped for sure. Did i mention she just hit 100K. *sigh*
    Pretty simple accident. Broad daylight.
    Busy residential arterial and this section is only two lanes. Minivan in front of me slows big time then comes to a full stop.............in the middle of a block. Surprised me a little bit, but i stopped w/ a car length to spare. I’m thinkin, ‘If i was surprised, what about the next person’, look in the rear view. Uh-ohh..............BAM! Small SUV just plows into me. Dunno what the driver was distracted by, i’m willing to bet big money they were on a cell phone. Looked later, didn’t see any skid marks or anything. Might not have even touched the brakes. Would have been ironic if i was in the 3er with the ‘hang up and drive’ bumpersticker.
    She was gonna need a clutch anyways for another sporting season; autoX, ¼ mile, track days, etc. Little rust anywhere made this car a joy to werk on. As long as i was down there, pull the a/c, hyperco springs/AGX struts, motor mounts, ES bushings.........oem nissan T25 turbo setup .
    And almost everyone was impressed nearly stock. Several weekends in the garage next spring and ‘Jenny’ was gonna be repreZenTin in Chi-Town so hard and looking ‘so fresh and so clean clean’ doin it.
    Oh well, i know this chassis too well to stay away. Not to mention w/ the supply of parts at hand now, ANY clean B13 can be turned into an SR powered showpiece. Sentra 4 door 2.0 turbo swap anyone?

Eh with Thanksgiving commin up, it’s all good.
    I’m around, you’re around and we’re healthy enough to be helpin each other out.
    Thanks for the sympathy dudes.

93 SE-R ‘Jenny’?---94 530iT&A ‘Helga’---92 325i ‘Rolf’ ….”Hang up & Drive!”
    ”It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error;
    It is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."--Robert H. Jackson.

Paul, I know how you feel, sorry to have such a clean car ruined by folks not paying attention. Any word from insurance if it's a write off? You could buy it back, if it is and play around with it.

The pain in the a$$ is that folks that look after their cars as though they are one of the kids never get the value they deserve on an insurance job. We just took a $3k value hit on our 2001 Jetta TDI because some young gal only looked one of the two mandatory directions to merge into traffic, and t-boned my wife. She and my nephew were okay, but the car needed three major sections of uni-body plasma-cut out and new sectiones TIG'd in...piss me off...

Hope things work out for you, Paul!

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Geez,
    The front don’t look to good either (check original post).
    Stoooopid cellphones.

94 530iT&A ‘Helga’---92 325i ‘Rolf’ ….”Hang up & Drive!”.......no, SERiously.
    ”Bet that phone call doesn’t seen that important now does it, HUH!" – paul p (Nov 20, 2004).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast