GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationship Problems – Can’t live with em, can’t live without em

Default Relationship Problems – Can’t live with em, can’t live without em

Fellow Bimmer.info members I’m having some difficulty in my relationship and I’m sure some of you can identify. I spent the evening thinking about things last night after some very frustrating times recently.

Maybe it’s because our differences are too great (she’s black and I’m white). Maybe I’m a bit jealous. I often see other guys look at her with admiring gazes and wish they could be with her – she’s got quite a body.

The hardest thing to manage is that she shimmy’s in public almost every time we go out. She doesn’t seem to care how I feel about it and she’ll shimmy just about anywhere without shame. She especially loves to shimmy around fast company, usually when we’re on the highway!

It’s an expensive relationship to maintain. Basically I have to keep buying her things to keep her happy! I even brought her to a special place to get her balanced and to bring her back into line, it cost me plenty!

She’ll stop shimmying for awhile, but then she’s soon back to her old tricks again until I buy her something new to placate her.

Some days I think “that’s it I’ve had enough!”… I’ll replace her with something better… and make her stay in the garage for a few days, giving her the silent treatment.

But then I look into her sparkling eyes (they’re such high intensity) and see her pretty smilies and I think about how much I love being inside her and driving her really hard. She gets so hot when I do that.

How could I ever leave her? I would pay anything to be with her.

My baby, my darling… my E34.

Guess I’ll have to learn to shimmy right along with her.

(I think I've completely lost it).

Can anyone help me cure my baby's shimmy?

R

shimmy shimmy coco bot
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Maybe you could get her a vibrator or something to go with the shimmy (when the 5'ers-a-rocking, dont come-a-knocking)

Seriously, every unexplained shimmy I've come across has been a result of either alignment(which you've ruled out), worn suspension components like bushings(which you've ruled out), or finally, a bad match on tire/rim sizes. Especially with big/wide in the back and narrower in the front. You never hear about a shimmy with the stock 15's. Have you ruled this out?

Default i have stock 15s and they shimmy

2 sets of tires and road force balance...I have accepted it and will live with it. The only thing left is rotors perhaps being out of balance or out of round tires but Discount tire wont take any responsibility and blame the car. Yes everythig has been replaced too.

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Maybe you could get her a vibrator or something to go with the shimmy (when the 5'ers-a-rocking, dont come-a-knocking)

Seriously, every unexplained shimmy I've come across has been a result of either alignment(which you've ruled out), worn suspension components like bushings(which you've ruled out), or finally, a bad match on tire/rim sizes. Especially with big/wide in the back and narrower in the front. You never hear about a shimmy with the stock 15's. Have you ruled this out?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Here's what I replaced...

-Thrust Arms
    -Control Arms
    -Stabilizer links
    -All new springs / shocks / mounts
    -New rotors front end
    -3 sets wheels / tires all freshly balanced
    ~17" style 5 w/falkens (worn)
    ~15" steel w/artic alpins
    ~15" baskets w/MXVs
    -Balanced present wheels/tires twice at different vendors (15" baskets)
    -Wheel alignment (turns out steering link sleeve?? is seized, joint good - guy said it was really close on alignment)

The only things left in the front end are:

- the steering links (cause vibration?)
    - the wheel bearings. (The bearings aren't making any weird noises that I can tell... no droning or weird sounds while turning - could it be???)

One other possibility is that all three sets of tires are messed up due to running them on a messed up suspension... but that's pretty unlikely.

Sigh...

I hate/love my car.

Rod

Default I don't see any tierod ends on that list or the center link or idler arm, all the

most likely possible causes that you normally would check first off...

Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    Here's what I replaced...

-Thrust Arms
    -Control Arms
    -Stabilizer links
    -All new springs / shocks / mounts
    -New rotors front end
    -3 sets wheels / tires all freshly balanced
    ~17" style 5 w/falkens (worn)
    ~15" steel w/artic alpins
    ~15" baskets w/MXVs
    -Balanced present wheels/tires twice at different vendors (15" baskets)
    -Wheel alignment (turns out steering link sleeve?? is seized, joint good - guy said it was really close on alignment)

The only things left in the front end are:

- the steering links (cause vibration?)
    - the wheel bearings. (The bearings aren't making any weird noises that I can tell... no droning or weird sounds while turning - could it be???)

One other possibility is that all three sets of tires are messed up due to running them on a messed up suspension... but that's pretty unlikely.

Sigh...

I hate/love my car.

Rod

Default out of round tires

discount tells me that its the car because this is my second set of tires. You can see that they are out of round on the balancer but they still say they are fine. I simply give up.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Default Bill...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    most likely possible causes that you normally would check first off...
    I hear you about the parts that you mentioned. However they've been checked and none of them seem to be worn.

Everthing I've read seems to indicate that these parts may cause problem with sloppy steering, but would they also cause problems with straight line vibration?

Rod

Default Yes, more so than any other part with the exception of the thrust arms or warped

rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    I hear you about the parts that you mentioned. However they've been checked and none of them seem to be worn.

Everthing I've read seems to indicate that these parts may cause problem with sloppy steering, but would they also cause problems with straight line vibration?

Rod

Well... I guess that's why you're the "Grand Master"!

I guess I'll get on the phone to BMA...

Any parts that are more likely to be cause than others?

R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast