Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Relationship Problems Cant live with em, cant live without em

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    183

    Default Relationship Problems Cant live with em, cant live without em

    Fellow Bimmer.info members Im having some difficulty in my relationship and Im sure some of you can identify. I spent the evening thinking about things last night after some very frustrating times recently.

    Maybe its because our differences are too great (shes black and Im white). Maybe Im a bit jealous. I often see other guys look at her with admiring gazes and wish they could be with her shes got quite a body.

    The hardest thing to manage is that she shimmys in public almost every time we go out. She doesnt seem to care how I feel about it and shell shimmy just about anywhere without shame. She especially loves to shimmy around fast company, usually when were on the highway!

    Its an expensive relationship to maintain. Basically I have to keep buying her things to keep her happy! I even brought her to a special place to get her balanced and to bring her back into line, it cost me plenty!

    Shell stop shimmying for awhile, but then shes soon back to her old tricks again until I buy her something new to placate her.

    Some days I think thats it Ive had enough! Ill replace her with something better and make her stay in the garage for a few days, giving her the silent treatment.

    But then I look into her sparkling eyes (theyre such high intensity) and see her pretty smilies and I think about how much I love being inside her and driving her really hard. She gets so hot when I do that.

    How could I ever leave her? I would pay anything to be with her.

    My baby, my darling my E34.

    Guess Ill have to learn to shimmy right along with her.

    (I think I've completely lost it).

    Can anyone help me cure my baby's shimmy?

    R

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee USi
    Posts
    14,708

    Default

    shimmy shimmy coco bot
    95 E34 530I V2.34
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

    John F. Kennedy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Maybe you could get her a vibrator or something to go with the shimmy (when the 5'ers-a-rocking, dont come-a-knocking)

    Seriously, every unexplained shimmy I've come across has been a result of either alignment(which you've ruled out), worn suspension components like bushings(which you've ruled out), or finally, a bad match on tire/rim sizes. Especially with big/wide in the back and narrower in the front. You never hear about a shimmy with the stock 15's. Have you ruled this out?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee USi
    Posts
    14,708

    Default i have stock 15s and they shimmy

    2 sets of tires and road force balance...I have accepted it and will live with it. The only thing left is rotors perhaps being out of balance or out of round tires but Discount tire wont take any responsibility and blame the car. Yes everythig has been replaced too.



    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Maybe you could get her a vibrator or something to go with the shimmy (when the 5'ers-a-rocking, dont come-a-knocking)

    Seriously, every unexplained shimmy I've come across has been a result of either alignment(which you've ruled out), worn suspension components like bushings(which you've ruled out), or finally, a bad match on tire/rim sizes. Especially with big/wide in the back and narrower in the front. You never hear about a shimmy with the stock 15's. Have you ruled this out?
    95 E34 530I V2.34
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

    John F. Kennedy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Here's what I replaced...

    -Thrust Arms
    -Control Arms
    -Stabilizer links
    -All new springs / shocks / mounts
    -New rotors front end
    -3 sets wheels / tires all freshly balanced
    ~17" style 5 w/falkens (worn)
    ~15" steel w/artic alpins
    ~15" baskets w/MXVs
    -Balanced present wheels/tires twice at different vendors (15" baskets)
    -Wheel alignment (turns out steering link sleeve?? is seized, joint good - guy said it was really close on alignment)

    The only things left in the front end are:

    - the steering links (cause vibration?)
    - the wheel bearings. (The bearings aren't making any weird noises that I can tell... no droning or weird sounds while turning - could it be???)

    One other possibility is that all three sets of tires are messed up due to running them on a messed up suspension... but that's pretty unlikely.

    Sigh...

    I hate/love my car.

    Rod

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,148

    Default I don't see any tierod ends on that list or the center link or idler arm, all the

    most likely possible causes that you normally would check first off...





    Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    Here's what I replaced...

    -Thrust Arms
    -Control Arms
    -Stabilizer links
    -All new springs / shocks / mounts
    -New rotors front end
    -3 sets wheels / tires all freshly balanced
    ~17" style 5 w/falkens (worn)
    ~15" steel w/artic alpins
    ~15" baskets w/MXVs
    -Balanced present wheels/tires twice at different vendors (15" baskets)
    -Wheel alignment (turns out steering link sleeve?? is seized, joint good - guy said it was really close on alignment)

    The only things left in the front end are:

    - the steering links (cause vibration?)
    - the wheel bearings. (The bearings aren't making any weird noises that I can tell... no droning or weird sounds while turning - could it be???)

    One other possibility is that all three sets of tires are messed up due to running them on a messed up suspension... but that's pretty unlikely.

    Sigh...

    I hate/love my car.

    Rod

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee USi
    Posts
    14,708

    Default out of round tires

    discount tells me that its the car because this is my second set of tires. You can see that they are out of round on the balancer but they still say they are fine. I simply give up.
    95 E34 530I V2.34
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

    John F. Kennedy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    183

    Default Bill...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    most likely possible causes that you normally would check first off...
    I hear you about the parts that you mentioned. However they've been checked and none of them seem to be worn.

    Everthing I've read seems to indicate that these parts may cause problem with sloppy steering, but would they also cause problems with straight line vibration?

    Rod

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Yes, more so than any other part with the exception of the thrust arms or warped

    rotors.




    Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    I hear you about the parts that you mentioned. However they've been checked and none of them seem to be worn.

    Everthing I've read seems to indicate that these parts may cause problem with sloppy steering, but would they also cause problems with straight line vibration?

    Rod

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Well... I guess that's why you're the "Grand Master"!

    I guess I'll get on the phone to BMA...

    Any parts that are more likely to be cause than others?

    R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody live near NYC?
    By BMWCCA1 in forum 5 Series BMW
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
  2. Just picked up a 95 tds (and I live in ny)
    By zwarbyt in forum 5 Series BMW
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 01:27 AM
  3. OT: Anyone on XBOX 360 Live?
    By saj3n in forum 5 Series BMW
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM
  4. anyone live in oregon
    By kyleN20 in forum 5 Series BMW
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 04:40 PM
  5. Live with it, fix it, or sell it....
    By myblack540i in forum 5 Series BMW
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •