GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: Audi related post

Default OT: Audi related post

Friends,

The wife has a complaint already about the new audi allroad I showed you guys a few weeks ago. Its been rainy and the fancy wiper blades chatter really badly unless you turn them up to the fastest setting. They are a funky style, suitable I guess for an audi. I figured they put some treatment on the glass, so I cleaned the windshield pretty thoroughly and even got the stealer to give me new blades for free but it's still a problem. Here are a couple of pics showing the blade. Sorry about the pics but its rainy outside. Any ideas?

TIA

tim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Tim, I would suggest using Rainex to treat the window and adding the Rainex washer fluid to the tank. When you are driving over say 40 mph you dont need the wipers at all and it will help repel water and ice. I have been using it for years and am really happy with the stuff. If you have never tried it give it a whirl, however you dont need or really want to run the wipers constantly with the stuff it can leave wiper tracks...wonder if thats similar to pecker trax?

You will really like it if you ever have to scrape ice off the windows because it will just fly right off with little work in comparison to any ontreated windows.

Anyways thats my 2¢
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I second that. Rainex is great. I've been using the Rainex de-icer washer fluid(the pinkish stuff) for a while. At speed you don't really need to use the wipers in any weather..

It's pretty cool when you see it work for the first time too

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Tim, I would suggest using Rainex to treat the window and adding the Rainex washer fluid to the tank. When you are driving over say 40 mph you dont need the wipers at all and it will help repel water and ice. I have been using it for years and am really happy with the stuff. If you have never tried it give it a whirl, however you dont need or really want to run the wipers constantly with the stuff it can leave wiper tracks...wonder if thats similar to pecker trax?

You will really like it if you ever have to scrape ice off the windows because it will just fly right off with little work in comparison to any ontreated windows.

Anyways thats my 2¢

'95 540i 6sp, uuc ssk, Dinan chip
    proud member of the nikasil club

You got banana wipers! highly desireable in the VW scene... not sure why, but they are.

Is that what they're called? Why are they so desireable? In my case they work too well- one swipe and its so dry that it chatters on the return. I'm already thinking about a retrofit, but I'll try this rain-x thing first.

Default I think Jons being a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Is that what they're called? Why are they so desireable? In my case they work too well- one swipe and its so dry that it chatters on the return. I'm already thinking about a retrofit, but I'll try this rain-x thing first.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i would look at the amount of tension that the wiper has holding it to the glass and if the arm is holding the blade perpendicular to the glass, i find adjusting one or both of these generally solves most wiper problems (or worn out linkage, but this is a new car)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it