GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Which bracket do I order from a dealer for he CDX-M30?

Default Which bracket do I order from a dealer for he CDX-M30?

Yeah, I have a CDX-M30, I want to get the oem bracket to mount it in the trunk, will they know what I'm talking about??? If the bracket is too expensive, I'm sure double sided foam tape will do the trick...

bend up some sheet metal and screw it up, i doubt that tape would hold and a dealer bracket probably costs as much as the changer all you need is a couple L's just don't put too long of a screw into the changer as this usually pisses them off, you can probably fab some up for $5
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Dan,

I am also installing a CDX-M30 in my 525i, and I plan on picking up four L brakets (the type used for setting up small shelves) from the harware store. They come in many sizes and already have holes in them. Just make sure that the CD side screws are 8mm max length or you could bung something up inside.

Tip on the data cable.

Run it from the trunk via the back seat under the carpet to the center consol up to the radio. You only have to remove the back seat, rear portion of the center consol, and the radio. the wire can be tucked under and fished up into the dash from under lower edge of the front portion of the center consol.

Robert

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

that's the way i run em

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Tip on the data cable.

Run it from the trunk via the back seat under the carpet to the center consol up to the radio. You only have to remove the back seat, rear portion of the center consol, and the radio. the wire can be tucked under and fished up into the dash from under lower edge of the front portion of the center consol.

Robert
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it