GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Blower speed selector switch - variable low speed works?

Default Blower speed selector switch - variable low speed works?

Hi guys,

I just thought about this and thought I would ask you guys.

On the fan speed selector switch there is the 1,2,3 etc on the right side (after 12:00 position).

Between 8:00 & 12:00 position there is a marking suggesting that the fan speed should be graduated from 0 to level 1.

When I have my fan switch there, the speed doesn't change at all and seems to run at the same speed as on selection 1.

This isn't something worth taking the dash apart, but wondering if its just mine or everyone? If there is an easy fix... lets hear it!

Thanks Rod

No, that's normal...from 0 to 1 is the fan on speed 1 and the air flaps open from a fully closed (0) to fully open (1)...from 2,3,4 the flapper valves are fully open.

Try this...change the speed switch to different positions within the 0-1 zone and you'll hear the flapper valves hum as they cycle open and closed...

Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

I don't get it.

The flaps? What do they do? The fan stays the same speed but the flaps block the air movement?

In my case the air movement is the same no matter what position the fan is in, until you get past #1.

??

R

i referr to that as the womens setting, that or all of the vents closed blower on full and ac on. dual zone is fun on road trips, my drivers side remains un touched for 600 miles or about 9.5 hours and moms side gets adjusted about every 10 minutes, the whole process is resumed the next days travel
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Those are for the fresh air flaps as pictured here.

Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    Hi guys,

I just thought about this and thought I would ask you guys.

On the fan speed selector switch there is the 1,2,3 etc on the right side (after 12:00 position).

Between 8:00 & 12:00 position there is a marking suggesting that the fan speed should be graduated from 0 to level 1.

When I have my fan switch there, the speed doesn't change at all and seems to run at the same speed as on selection 1.

This isn't something worth taking the dash apart, but wondering if its just mine or everyone? If there is an easy fix... lets hear it!

Thanks Rod

Default Bill R...

that's good information. I wondered about that too. I like the fast responses and information given on this forum. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

So what happens if you have the air recirculation turned on? i suppose those flaps don't operate? although i certainly hear *very* noisey flaps whenever i turn the blower on

I just don't want to get one of those "sudden unpleasant odors" that Bill talked about... ewwww

Default And keep recirculating them!

Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    I just don't want to get one of those "sudden unpleasant odors" that Bill talked about... ewwww
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy