GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radiator quote

Default radiator quote

local import shop quoted me $800 for an OE radiator, and $500 for an "after-market".

this was just for the part. anyone else get such high quotes???

Default I guess anyone could ask for a higher quote,

try
    www.radiator.com
    or
    www.radiators.com

even BMA is A LOT lower than that!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Mr. Chamilun, please note what type of car you have with engine size and transmission type (manual or automatic).

Someone on the board might be able to help you in your search, I've got an old radiator from my '89 535iA that could be shipped out to someone in need.

Jr

thanks for the help, but i wasnt really asking where to find them. i was wondering why local places would be so high. i told the guy these radiators can be found easily for around $200, and he seemed shocked. according to him (truth unknown), his cost was over $600 for the OE radiator, and over $400 for the aftermarket.

Default basic supply and demand, they mark it up and dont care if you buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chamilun
    thanks for the help, but i wasnt really asking where to find them. i was wondering why local places would be so high. i told the guy these radiators can be found easily for around $200, and he seemed shocked. according to him (truth unknown), his cost was over $600 for the OE radiator, and over $400 for the aftermarket.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

he also really talked up how bad the leak was, and that all the coolant had leaked out overnight.

then the mechanic that actually fixed my leaking PS problem came in, and said it passed the pressure test, but then started "seeping" out under pressure, at the lower hose to the left of the radiator. i asked him to fill it with fluid and see how low it was. ended up being about 1/2 a gallon.

id been losing about half a gallon a week, mostly because i had a cracked expansion tank. new tank, but small leak in front.

probably end up replacing radiator myself, if in fact its bad. i checked it after driving home, and no leak around the hose he had talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    try
    www.radiator.com
    or
    www.radiators.com

even BMA is A LOT lower than that!
    BMA was by far the cheapest quote I got for my radiator a couple months ago. It only broke $200 once shipping was added.

The short answer as to why they charge so much for a radiator? Because people pay it.

So, will you keep us informed about what happens, just expansion tank leak or radiator too?

ill update saturday

Default I had Ron Davis make me a custom

high-capacity, all aluminum radiator for my 1994 540i for about $900. You could probably order one from them cheaper than that, since they used measurements from my stock radiator to generate the CAD drawings used to make the new one. I had been having overheating problems driving on the track in summer, and I have now deleted the engine-driven fan with no cooling problems.
    Dave B.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast