GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Heating system question - Valeo non A/C

Default Heating system question - Valeo non A/C

Lo again!

Just thought I'd try and get this sorted once and for all now that Winter is fast approaching...

The mid-level vents (doorcards, face vents and large dash vent) have never blown warm air at all, no matter what setting the climate is set to. As it's an older model SE it doesn't even have the temp control wheel between the two face vents, or a microfilter.

The question is, is this normal for this heating system? A friend of mine says that on some models the mid level might be fresh-air only, but this seems a bit odd to me. I've removed the centre-console and everything but the upper dash in order to clean the vents out (man, they are grim.. plus Haynes doesn't tell me how to take the upper dash out) so I thought I'd investigate the heater system further. I can't see any stepper motors on the heater housing, unless there are only two inside to direct the airflow through the heater?

This has been driving me nuts since May, any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Default Might be your heater valves or aux water pump

As usual the information you seek is on Bruno's site.

In this case he gives me credit for the info which was compiled from information I gathered from other BMW sites on the web.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Mainte...eaterValve.htm

I ruled out the heater valve a while ago, mostly because the other two sets of vents heat up fine on both sides of the car..

Am I jumping the gun by thinking this might not be the heater valve? I thought each core was for either side of the car, hence the two dials. If the vlave got stuck surely all the vents would be affected?

Or have I got it wrong?

Default Might want to double check the heater valves to be sure

Good luck and be sure to post what you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartB
    I ruled out the heater valve a while ago, mostly because the other two sets of vents heat up fine on both sides of the car..

Am I jumping the gun by thinking this might not be the heater valve? I thought each core was for either side of the car, hence the two dials. If the vlave got stuck surely all the vents would be affected?

Or have I got it wrong?

I have this same problem.. except that it blows hot air for a bit.. (maybe 10 mins) then goes cold.. but the floor and dash vents continue to blow hot air..

annoying
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike