GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EAT, Dinan or AC Schnitzer?

Default EAT, Dinan or AC Schnitzer?

Just which chip is the best?

Have only tried EAT, but was entirely pleased with its performance.

What motor do you have? What do you mean by best? (i.e. all-out performance? bang-for-back?, etc...?)

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Have only tried EAT, but was entirely pleased with its performance.

What motor do you have? What do you mean by best? (i.e. all-out performance? bang-for-back?, etc...?)

Cheers,
    Duey
    I have a 1992 525i E34 with the M50 motor. I have ordered the AC Schnitzer chip for ECU's ending with 402. Has anyone had any experience with this configuration?

I understand that M50's gain a pretty good boost from an EAT chip. Most EAT kudos seem to come from M30 owners, and my M60 has much more low-mid level power and a top end that doesn't seem to stop (plus I love the sound of a high-revving, 300+hp V8 )

Cheers,
    Duey

never met anyone who tried an ACS chip. I have an EAT, and the low and midrange performance is MUCH better.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    I understand that M50's gain a pretty good boost from an EAT chip. Most EAT kudos seem to come from M30 owners, and my M60 has much more low-mid level power and a top end that doesn't seem to stop (plus I love the sound of a high-revving, 300+hp V8 )

Cheers,
    Duey
    Duey,

Do you have a connection with him? The web site says to email first if you have a 540/530 before you order a chip. I've emailed twice and got back nothing. I'm not tossing $200 into the hopper until I get a response. It sounds like the M60 chip is not totally complete?

Default EAT Chip

I've gone from Stock to Dinan, to Conforti to EAT on my 94 540i. The EAT chip gives you the best performance for the buck throughout the entire rpm range.
    You notice the difference immediately. Mileage gets better too! Mark's M60 programming is right on the money.

Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater
    Duey,

Do you have a connection with him? The web site says to email first if you have a 540/530 before you order a chip. I've emailed twice and got back nothing. I'm not tossing $200 into the hopper until I get a response. It sounds like the M60 chip is not totally complete?
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

buy eat.
    take money u save and give to me.
    enjoy.
    =]

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater
    Duey,

Sweet, I understand that there may have been an issue with some 530iA's in the very early development of the M60B30 chip (interaction with the tranny chip) once Mark had finished the 540's, but I believe that has all been worked out. As far as I know, there have never been any problems with either auto or 6-speed 540's. I ran one of Mark's Beta 540i/6 chips (in fact it's still the one I run) and am totally pleased with it!!! I think you would be too, but I will ask him. I'll check with him to see what the situation is on the 530i chips. While I do that, if you were to record the DME number of the controller box, that might help determine if there are any issues with your car.

Cheers,
    Duey
    Last edited by DueyT; 11-06-2004 at 01:00 PM.

I dont think the 530 chips were ever corrected. Might want to look into other chips for the 530 such as the JC conforti chip. Works OK for me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast