GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: e34 rear door panel

Default e34 rear door panel

Hi, I got a nice 1990 535i the only thing wrong with it is the rear door panels are coming off anyone have a good glue to use to tack them back on?

Default interior door panels

Quote Originally Posted by kostritzer
    Hi, I got a nice 1990 535i the only thing wrong with it is the rear door panels are coming off anyone have a good glue to use to tack them back on?
    I had the same problem with a 1990 525i. I tried numerous available glues and cements, but part of the problem was the panel was separating from the backing borad as well as the insert panel separating from the door panel. No good solution to recommend for repair. I ended up getting new panels through BMA (Patrick) at a cost much less than dealer cost. The color match was great. Good luck...

Gorilla glue and just long enough 2x4 to "clamp" it in place against the opposite door panel till it dries. Clamping is essential as it will otherwise still want to separate.

glued it once... held for 7-8 months and fell off. reglued- it seems to be holding good so far, which is about a month, and i dont know what glue i used either time

oh, and blame your passengers that they are falling off. all of mine were off except driver's panel.... after 14 yrs that one is still holding.

Default If you're talking about the insert coming unglued, I glued mine back

with goop and that lasted about a year and then i got tired of messing with it and carefully peeled the leather back on the insert and put some thin flat headed bolts through the panel and put nuts on the backside to pull the panel up tight. After regluing the leather back on the insert and the bolts are under the foam and leather part, you can't notice the bolt head from the front of the panel

Quote Originally Posted by kostritzer

I had a problem with all those clips that go around the outside of my passanger door panel....

I mixed up some jbweld and so far its been holding like a champ!
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500